Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished my enclosure (well sort of)... need to make it look pretty now. But I put a single JL 10W3 D2 in a sealed .7ft^3 enclosure. Right now being driven by the rear two channels of my Adcom GFA-5450 amp. It's getting about 200W .. but I think I'm going to put a JBL BP600.1 on it soon... that should put some force in the bottom end! haha

Anyway... I thought I was going to want/need a 12 or atleast 2 10"s... but I'm happy with the single 10. I'm sure it will be awesome when I put 600W on it.

Just though you guys might be interested.

Jim

·
Cope, the dip of champs!
267 Posts
cool. im probably a month or so of finishing up my system. im waiting for the new alpines to come out then will finalize my decision on a head unit. still not sure how to get the idmax in but im gonna break out the hacksaw if i get desperate! j/k

·
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up making it myself. I have NO idea how an IDMAX could fit in our cars. I'll try to get some pics... It ain't pretty (yet) but it fits well, lets the targa fit and sounds great.

·
Cope, the dip of champs!
267 Posts
after the new alpines come out i'll make my final decision on a head unit then hopefully everything will be in by the end of may at the latest. i will probably ask a few shops how much it would be to get something made to fit the idmax but if its above a certain amount i'll either sell it or fold the seats down and put the box there for the moment. i got a zapco z300 amp that puts out about [email protected] ohm bridged so i wouldnt want to waste that power on a dual 10"s or single 12" unless its a idmax or w7.

·
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really like th elook of the new Alpine head units too. Right now I have a Nak CD-45Z. I bet you could put 900 to two DVC 10's. Thats only 225W/ voice coil. When/if I get a 600.1 I'll let you know how 300/coil does. Hahaha..

I am seriously considering a BP1200.1 ... they are so damn cheap.. and I can configure the sub to a 4 Ohm load... then I could turn the BP 1200.1 into a 600W amp... then add another 10 and give it a lower load and get the full 1200W.

Who knows.... right now I think I'm sticking with my single 10.

Good luck with the MAX.

·
4,109 Posts
Ummm...

Please forgive my ignorance, but what is an IDMAX?

·
Cope, the dip of champs!
267 Posts
Re: Ummm...

talltrini10 said:
Please forgive my ignorance, but what is an IDMAX?
its a sub thats cheaper and suppossedly comparable with the jl w7 subs. i cant tell you right now how good it is because im still waiting on a few more things for my system. i got the sub and 2 zapco amps sitting in the corner waiting for my front comps to come in and for me to decide on a head unit.

idmax

·
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why don't you let me "borrow" one of those Zapcos for my little 10W3... I'll give it back when you get your head unit! ;)

Seriously.. if you know of anyone selling a nice sub amp.. lemme know. I'm seriously considering a JBL BP600.1.

·
Cope, the dip of champs!
267 Posts
Jim Swantko said:
Why don't you let me "borrow" one of those Zapcos for my little 10W3... I'll give it back when you get your head unit! ;)

Seriously.. if you know of anyone selling a nice sub amp.. lemme know. I'm seriously considering a JBL BP600.1.
for the money you cant beat the jbl. i think ive seen them going for less than 200 on ebay.

·
Na Zdrowie
958 Posts
Jim, are you still running all stock interior speakers?? If you are is the JL Audio sub to overpowering for the stock speakers?

DakaDan

·
Cope, the dip of champs!
267 Posts
hey jim i think i got an idea. i was thinking about putting in a carpeted clone of the false floor with thick mdf and just laying it in the hatch area and and inverting the sub to the board so its in an infinite baffle.

·
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DakaDan said:
Jim, are you still running all stock interior speakers?? If you are is the JL Audio sub to overpowering for the stock speakers?

DakaDan
I am running the stock fronts (no rears) and the sub. It sounds pretty damn good to my ears. Until I decide what seperates to go with I'm happy with the stock speakers. They are being driven off my amp though (50W).

Hakaida... Sounds good... lemme know how it works.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts