Supra Forums banner

Single MKiV vs 520whp 04Cobra

3K views 38 replies 27 participants last post by  Dln78 
#1 ·
So this past week my friends set-up some races for money and I got brought into it like always lol..a 30psi 1gen eclipse gs-t was suppose to race my friends 2gen gsx for money..first it was $500, then $1000, then I got CALLED OUT for $2000 against the 1st gen..hahaha! I knew the whole thing was bs so I didnt worry about it, we all rolled out to meet and the guys NEVER show up but where still trying to get other car to try to race me, a civic hatch with ls/vtec t3/t4turbo and another white mkiv so we waited and never showed up...then this red cobra shows up, really nice looking car i tell and it sounded really mean..he dynod it at 430whp with bolt ons and ran a 12.7 in the quater mile but now had ported the supercharger, raised his boost with the pulley, and put more fuel, he dynod at 520whp and wanted to race me for fun..I honestly can say that I thought about it twice and was intimidated by his car but I raised my boost to(13psi daily) 18 pounds and went for it..first run at 25mph he took off on me about 2 cars, I hit second and im catching him with a smile on my face, hit third were even, by the end of third I was a car in front of him, but he wouldnt stop so hit 4th and by the end of 4th i was like 3 1/2cars ahead but he wouldnt let of..(I guess he couldnt believe it lol) so we went into 5th by the time I looked at my speedo I was doing 155mph and decided that it was enough for him.. We stoped to talk, the guy shook my hand and told me that I had a really nice and fast car and that I was the first one to ever beat him on the streets..since that day my love for my car has grown even stronger hahahaha! jk... we raced one more after that but from a dead stop, for my advantage my turbo(sp61) was spoolin better and he didnt leave me in 1st gear...I beat him by 4 cars from 1st to 4th but he stop at the end of 3rd....I drove home happy and had a great sleep.. I love those v8 guys that think they can't be beat..Ill try to put some videos up of the races we had that night..next car to race: a lambo or ferrari please?

See less See more
#5 ·
I havent took it to the track yet but I know it was dynod at 638 at 23psi but everything was turned down and untuned when I bought the car.. so I dont really know what im pushing rite now..I have the sp61 kit with 3 row front mount,hks blow off valve, 3.5 down pipe and mid to hks dragger exhaust,4in intake,hks cam gears, etc...im running the vpc/s-fac/gbc and I also have a 2 step setup..the car is fun but not where I want it to be...soon Ill be t76 and more fuel, and hopefully virtual works intake manifold with a 4 row intercooler...planning on making "SUPRA" numbers lol... :rofl:

#14 · (Edited)
He wasnt my friend and I didnt race him for money... just for fun. and it aint bullshit I got the video to prove it just need to load it up... Ill race you anytime 1jz why would I waste my time on putting up a post? some people on the forum need to mature and not say anything if they aint got nothing good to say in the first place... I got like 20 witnesses that saw the race so..say what you want just dont be mad cuz you cant beat one..hahaha! :rofl:

#18 ·
Js93- I am having a hard time with story as well. Do you have cams at all? 638whp@ 23psi is pretty darn healthy number for a 61 to be putting down...especially if it isn't tuned as you say.

Also a well driven 03+ cobra will hang with a supra hp to hp in a roll on easy. To pull a cobra like that (especially if he jumps you a car or two which is likely) to 4 cars like that in 2nd and 3rd gear you would need a significant amount of power on him...like 150-200whp.

I am not doubting you beat him, but maybe the story is a little exagerated??

#19 ·
D'Bollocks said:
Js93- I am having a hard time with story as well. Do you have cams at all? 638whp@ 23psi is pretty darn healthy number for a 61 to be putting down...especially if it isn't tuned as you say.
638 rwhp at 23 psi is an *impossible* number for a 61mm turbo.

#20 ·
Sure dad (1jz)....Ive had from 12sec hondas to 11sec. dsms..I have my knowledge seen everything you can think of.. specially sleepers..Anywayz, D'bollocks my car was tuned for that hp before I bought it (have the dyno sheet) I havent tried tuning it since then cuz I havent had time.. my friend saw the cobra put those numbers down but when we raced my car was untuned and he also had said that he had just ported the supercharger so I dont know if his car was needed more fuel maybe, he did tell me it felt more torquy but said that he would get it tuned again...Im not trying to talk shit about cobras, to me there really nice cars and I love the way they sound, I just put it up cuz it was one of my first big kills with the supra.. I do have a 61mm turbo and thats what it put down, I know they can put up to 700hp max well tuned but risking it.. I wil put up the dyno sheet as soon as I get it tuned and pics of my set-up and car..

#23 ·
Js93 said:
Sure dad (1jz)....Ive had from 12sec hondas to 11sec. dsms..I have my knowledge seen everything you can think of.. specially sleepers..Anywayz, D'bollocks my car was tuned for that hp before I bought it (have the dyno sheet) I havent tried tuning it since then cuz I havent had time.. my friend saw the cobra put those numbers down but when we raced my car was untuned and he also had said that he had just ported the supercharger so I dont know if his car was needed more fuel maybe, he did tell me it felt more torquy but said that he would get it tuned again...Im not trying to talk shit about cobras, to me there really nice cars and I love the way they sound, I just put it up cuz it was one of my first big kills with the supra.. I do have a 61mm turbo and thats what it put down, I know they can put up to 700hp max well tuned but risking it.. I wil put up the dyno sheet as soon as I get it tuned and pics of my set-up and car..
700hp max? You sure about that? I might be wrong but i think thats a little over board. If I'm wrong, my apologies

#26 ·
i raced a cobra like that this weekend he about the same power as you i pulled a little ahead of him in 4th but if he had traction he would have spanked me bad because he was spinning all of second and most of 3rd. i have under 500hp so i was pretty happy even though he was spinning lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.