Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i'm about to go single on a PHR street torque style kit with a BW S366 and had some questions i couldn't find answers to.

i'll be running a s366 .91 divided, PHR said they could make the DP adapter with the Marmon flange so thats taken care of but as far as the WG, i was looking at running a Tial F38. this is direct bolt on with no adapters, would this work? looking to make about BPU level power as this will be on stock ECU.
also, what WG spring would i need? i was going to run about 14psi as i believe i would have enough fuel for that and was going to run on WG spring only. then i read somewhere here that you should run a spring for half the boost you intend to run so i would need a 7psi at that point and do the rest with a EBC.
last is, if anyone knows where i can get an intake tube that has ports i can use for IAC and PCV.
trying to do this on a budget because the stock leaking twins need to go. later i'll be doing a full fuel system, ECU and upgraded turbo.
thank you

·
Registered
42 Posts
It's recommended to run the wastegate spring that is rated closest to what boost you are going to run. You can up the boost with an ebc yes, but remember you cannot lower boost under what the wastegate spring is rated for. So if your wastegate spring is rated for 14 psi, that's the lowest boost setting you can run.

·
Registered
157 Posts
PHR has an intake with bungs for IACV and PCV.

I'm running an 11psi spring on a PHR Street Torque kit with a 6266 on stock MAF and fuel. No boost controller and my car runs well with no issues. I recommend a wideband so you can keep track of your AFRs.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you.already have a WB in the plans.
Exia, mind if I ask what WG your running?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I believe the Precision 46mm wastegate. I plan to upgrade it in the future though

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Say it ain’t so!! Seen you lurking in the stu twins section for years. Well, good luck with build!

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Say it ain’t so!! Seen you lurking in the stu twins section for years. Well, good luck with build!
O it's def not so lol. Going single on my Bro in laws car. I just got my stu maniold in the other day. Just waiting on the V4 updates then need to get my block to the machinist.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I'm running Turbonetics ported cast manifold with wastegate recirculated back into downpipes a 6266, Tial MV-S & adaptor (liked its smaller size of MVS) seeing solid 11PSI no creep with the 8.70 single spring.

I'm only 18psi , but always read wastegate spring should be half of target boost when using a boost controller.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nice. thank you.
my concern is that i'll be running 14psi just be be safe so i was worried about it being able to hold boost at that low of a level.
also, what tube are you running for the intake? im having a really hard time finding one for ports that i could use for IAC and PCV.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I ran a 3/4 inch rubber hose from the iac to the turbo intake pipe. have a welder drill a hole and weld on a 3/4 inch tube on to the pipe. I ran 15 psi with only a boost cut controller.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the reply. I can do that but it would have to be mild steel or stainless as I can't weld aluminum.
What turbo are you running?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I’m running my same s366. It doesn’t make the most power or spool the fastest, but it’s mine

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haha, thats what i hear but i've been doing some reading and based on what others have said i think he'll be happy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts