Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running a cast manifold with a single on stock maf and cannot figure out why the car stalls when I let off the throttle. What I mean by that is the car will idle fine, but when I give gas it will stall; boost, no boost, or at neutral. It's not the bov because I tried disconnecting the vaccum hose to and still no luck. What can I do to fix the problem??

·
Banned
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whizky said:
You guys need to route the BOV back in... not VAC...
I guess you didn't read my post. I disconnected the vaccum NIPPLE to see if it's the bov is causing the stalling.

I'm running the the IAC to the intake pipe, but it still stalls.

PLEASE DON'T BE A POST WHORE MY THREAD. I SHOULD OF POSTED THIS THREAD IN TECHNICAL.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I have the same problem. I have the idle air control on there and I had a rerouted bov at one point, made no difference. I even tried messing with the safc settings. It seems like there is just no way around it. It will die but when you start it back up it runs perfect, weird but oh well/.

-Mike

·
Making a ComeBack!
1,058 Posts
whobob said:
I guess you didn't read my post. I disconnected the vaccum NIPPLE to see if it's the bov is causing the stalling.

I'm running the the IAC to the intake pipe, but it still stalls.

PLEASE DON'T BE A POST WHORE MY THREAD. I SHOULD OF POSTED THIS THREAD IN TECHNICAL.
Yeah I understood but i had a buddy that did the same and it didn't work too but went ahead and routed it back in and it worked, but i guess the simplest way is to just get rid off the MAF.... Just trying to come up with some suggestion... Not trying to be a post WHORE bro!!!! (look at most of my threads)..

·
damn '02's...
649 Posts
whizky said:
Yeah I understood but i had a buddy that did the same and it didn't work too but went ahead and routed it back in and it worked, but i guess the simplest way is to just get rid off the MAF.... Just trying to come up with some suggestion... Not trying to be a post WHORE bro!!!! (look at most of my threads)..

Huh...I did mine and another car to the IAC, and the valve cover, and they both idle great.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Is the PCV nipple on the exhaust side valve cover hooked up somewhere between the MAF and turbo inlet, or at least tightly capped off? If not you have a small unmetered vac leak.

Shiva

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have a t78 on my car and it idles rough but, does not stall (because I have an auto). I determined that my stock IC is leaking (I am in the process of installing my HKS Type r sometime this week).
My vacuum reads -17. My LM-1 reads lean at idle high 16’s and rich at WOT low 10’s.

Marcuz

·
Registered
280 Posts
I am told it should be @ -20 vac. . What is your AFR at idle and WOT?
Hopefully my new intercooler solves my problems. Then I can put my AEM for new Challenge.

Marcuz
T78

1 - 14 of 14 Posts