Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm bored at work and have nothing better to do so figured I'd share a story of just a quick pull with my friend leaving cars and coffee last week. he has a 2010 camaro ss claims dyno 480whp mods include long tube headers xpipe ram intake , pully kit and tune, he was in 3rd I stayed in 4th at 4krpm , knew I would win didn't bother to go down to 3rd and just roll into it, we hit at about 55-60 I pull ahead immediately just drove out 4th gear to about 125 and shut down he was about 2 bus lengths back but he missed 4th. Only had my supra for a month it's about 500whp 6 spd, was my friends first time seeing the car since I got it figured we'd see what it's got to his camaro. Now his camaro did keep neck and neck with a Audi R8 v10 while I was in the car with him a year ago for just a small pull messing around , so guess I can say id beat a r8:p

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Nice, now learn how to write properly- it's more important than owning a Supra. kthxbye.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Thanks for posting man. You say around 500whp for your car is it the lower end of 500's or upper 400's? Pump gas?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for posting man. You say around 500whp for your car is it the lower end of 500's or upper 400's? Pump gas?
If I remember I think he was told from the owner who built it being just about 500 to the wheels so maybe upper 400s not sure haven't had it dynoed or retuned which it could use, 93 octane yes pump gas

·
Registered
145 Posts
With an LS1 motor to get to upper 480s/500rwhp it would need a huge cam, major heads, complete valve train, ect, ext ect.... now maybe he meant pulley kit bc it has a super charger? Like a Procharger or a vortech?

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
With an LS1 motor to get to upper 480s/500rwhp it would need a huge cam, major heads, complete valve train, ect, ext ect.... now maybe he meant pulley kit bc it has a super charger? Like a Procharger or a vortech?
damn, when was the last time you built an LS? Does not take anywhere near what you said to make that power...

·
Registered
145 Posts
?? I have one now with 900. And yes it does- for and LS1. The 5.7. Now and an LS2 or LS6 can do that but still needs a big cam and heads. My buddy had a fully built LS6 making 490rwhp and that was everything. You can get a LS1 to make 440rwhp all day with heads and cam, but to get that extra 40-h50hp takes alot more out of a LS1. Also, we are talking about a LS1 naturally aspirated with no forced induction or that changes everything.

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
?? I have one now with 900. And yes it does- for and LS1. The 5.7. Now and an LS2 or LS6 can do that but still needs a big cam and heads. My buddy had a fully built LS6 making 490rwhp and that was everything. You can get a LS1 to make 440rwhp all day with heads and cam, but to get that extra 40-h50hp takes alot more out of a LS1. Also, we are talking about a LS1 naturally aspirated with no forced induction or that changes everything.
Why no forced induction? lol a baby nitrous cam and 150 shot will get you around 450-470 all day... thats less than 1200$

·
Finally up and running!
4,001 Posts
Isn't an ls6 a ls1 with mildly better cams and heads? Did you mean a ls3, lq9 or ls7 perhaps?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yea I meant a L76. Any of the 6.0s or 6.2s can make that with heads/cam. But the 5.7 needs alot more. I was leaving out power adders bc I was talking just motor.

·
Registered
782 Posts
there is no way, a LS3 will make 480 WHP N/A with headers intake and tune!! He's more like around 410 420 WHP! If he had a blower, you would have been far behind. Cuz a LS3 blown easily makes 650whp and plus WITH at least 600wtq. But camaros are pig heavy compared to vettes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts