Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, this is my first post, and I'm sure this has been posted before but:

A) I tried searching, but the search function appears to be broken. I tried and advanced search, but came up with 'no posts'.

B) Archive stuff is often too old to be of any good.

So, here goes...I'm looking for a single T3 manifold for the 1jz in my Lexus GS300. So far, I've found a couple on ebay (stryder, and some guy out of Florida), the Wasabi piece, and a couple from Australia...the 6Boost, and a stainless piece from VPW.

This is basically a daily driver, and I'm really only looking for 350 ish reliable RWHP. I'm also doing modded USDM 2J cams, as well as whatever fuel mods and tuning will be required (haven't done all that research, yet).

I'm going with a turbonetics T3/T4 60 trim, .62ar BB turbo. It should be here in 3 weeks, or so. I'm guessing a manifold will take time to get, so I'm trying to tie that down next.

Long post short...what do you folks recommend for a single mani? I need something reliable (not prone to cracking). I'd probably even give up some performance in trade...like a cast or log manifold, if anyone makes one.

Any other tips on this build are welcomed, as well.

Thanks in advance,

Toby Johnson

·
!black
4,622 Posts
Just grab a cheapie from ebay, cut the T4 flange off and weld on your T3 flange. Probably have to cut the WG assembly and re-do it, I've heard some of the folks had trouble with theirs.

Or, swap exhaust housings over to a T4+vband. What are the specs on the hot side?

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
the china mani on e-bay sits kinda low.you would have plenty of room for a t4 to t3 addapter.i raised my turbo an inch,to make clearance for the ic pipe and oil return line

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tsuper92 said:
the china mani on e-bay sits kinda low.you would have plenty of room for a t4 to t3 addapter.i raised my turbo an inch,to make clearance for the ic pipe and oil return line
Thanks...I've read other stuff about the China man manifold. The only one I can find on ebay though is the stryder. Anyone have a link for the chinamanifold, or the sellers name, or something?

Toby

·
1jz-gte motivation
805 Posts
AIM is linjingbo I think Turbomanifolds or turbo-manifolds is his ebay hame.

·
JZA is best f**k the rest
351 Posts
As much trash talk as the stryder gets I think they are the shit. I have been running mine w/out a brace for 2 months now, no cracking or anything.

Jake

·
1jz-gte motivation
805 Posts
I got a stryder mani...love it. Looks great!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts