Supra Forums banner

single the supra or keep it TT and buy a bike???

• single the bitch!!!

Votes: 46 68.7%
  • nah man, get the bike,,,chicks dig bikes!!!

Votes: 21 31.3%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Captain Cool
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i got a TT and i have a small single kit with everything i need to go single and tune,,,i should expect around 430-460whp,,,ill be runnin stock air and fuel

my question is, should i go single, or sell everytihng and buy a bike--->2006 ninja 636

things i need to consider: have a tt supra making about the same hp as the small single,,,bad ass bike,,,keep everyting legal (i live in cali so having a single could be a gamble)

bike is dangerous,,,will have to spend a lil more money to get the bike,,,out of 365 days, san francisco has maybe 80 nice days,,,resale valuve on single kit better than on bikes

etc etc

what you guys think,,,what would you do???

·
Registered
417 Posts
you're in my exact scenario right now.
the supra is my dream car but i need something i can drive/ride around in without worrying about it too much.
i sometimes take the supra out to work or to uni and i keep worrying about it.
not sure about the laws in the states but in australia, you first go on your learners license and with a bike, you're restricted to a particular power:weight ratio.
i'm keeping the supra in the mean time and have taken out a loan to purchase a honda cbr250 (most 250s are learner legal).
i do however eventually want a yamaha r1 which i don't think i'll be able to afford ontop of the supra so i might sell it down the track for the bike.

EDIT: as damn sexy as the supra is, bikes always get the chicks.
:bigthumb:

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,084 Posts
I would get the bike. Bikes are a blast, but personally I would never use one as transportation................... Most driver's on the road are oblivious to other cars much less bikes. I have a bike, but I only use it to ride out in the Hill Country, away from heavy traffic, etc.

·
Sheep on the hood...
511 Posts
ha
same problem here...
get a bike or upgrades for my car....

it's a tough choice...I'd try to find an older bike (2-3k) and have the best of both worlds

·
Highway Demon
2,896 Posts
i say go single.. it is not irreversable.. just a bitch to do.. but the chances of getting into trouble as a result of being single isn't as high as you think.. after all this is not sac.. i think if you keep things relatively low key on the supra the chances of getting into trouble are less likely.. and it will always be safer then a bike.. a bike in SF is dangerous..

Brian

·
Registered
33 Posts
Make your supra as fast as a bike ftw.

Ive had bikes, and have no desire to have bikes again.. Too many friends have been hurt, and ive come to close, through no real fault of my own.

·
Captain Cool
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im lovin the feedback guys,,,the thing is that i would prob only ride my bike for pleasure, not for commuting,,,,so it would be only acouple days out of the year,,,which could be seen as a + and negative

·
Registered
158 Posts
If you go the bike route, DON'T get the 636, you'll get bored quick....get a gixxer 750, or 1000, or a Honda 929. But if you want my honest opinion, Single the Sup' :biggrin:

·
Flame Thrower
961 Posts
single the Supra! I love bikes but if I had one I'd get killed cause no one has respect for them anymore!. Everyone slows down to look at a Supra while the same ones will cut a bike off! Ive lost almost 10 family members in 2 years on bikes! If ur gonna get a bike, get a MX bike like me! Almost no chance of car trouble and just as much if not more fun! 3 friends of mine have dirtbikes and Supras and we all agree its more fun and more safe! SINGLE THAT SUPRA!!

·
Registered
866 Posts
Haha, I was in the same place just a few months ago. This is how I knew what I was going to do. My friend asked me do you want people to say "Holy shit that's a fucking fast Supra" or "Thats a quick Supra & he has a sport bike" Need less to say I bought a bike, but I also had enough $ left over to go small single (t61) BUT I did it because I thought my twins were going out. I'm on stock trans/stall/fuel, etc. IMO I'd almost rather be stock twins w/ a built trans, and maybe wheels. In the future maybe I get a trans, then wheels, the fuel ,etc. That is if I still have it 10 years from now.

Nick

·
Very Senior Member
10,067 Posts
I would never ride a bike in traffic anymore, and I would never count on one for transportation.
Too many idiot drivers that either don't/won't see you and a lot of them that basically aim at you.
Single is nice, though!

·
Registered
560 Posts
No Shame said:
Option 3: Save your money and get a nicer single setup....
Exactly what he said.....

don't buy a bike, you'll live longer with out one. Seriously, since i have moved to FL this past year i have come to know about 10 new families with bikes and 3 of them have had deaths. Its just not worth it unless its your thing. Judging by what your post says, its not. So i wouldn't chance it. Hell i would ride a bike, i love speed and adrenaline, but too many people die so easily. Atleast in a car you have a better chance of living.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts