Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, i had my car dropped off at a shop to complete a swap. Specs are as followed: GTE VVTI, tweakd harness, ECU masters emu black, BW S366 single converted and using MBC. I trailered the car to the tuner and have had nothing but issues ever since it rolled onto the dyno and i can not seem to track down this boost issue. Tuner says he could not get the car to make more than 1psi even through the MBC. Took off EWG to ensure fire ring was installed and seats. Did a boost leak test yesterday and noticed a the way they had the turbo clocked i had 2 large leaks coming directly off the compressor. Reclocked the turbo and sealed up the coupler and tested again this morning for boost leaks, no leaks at the ic piping but found one leak on a line coming from intake manifold to valve cover. Replaced and clamped line and STILL NO BOOST. Checked BOV (doesnt seem to be leaking) Checked EWG (doesnt seem to be leaking) Checked vac line going to ECU for built in MAP sensor and everything looks to be fine.

I know absolutely nothing about tuning but from what im told we are looking for map sensor to be reading 105-110 kPa. First gear under light load (about 3k RPM) i am only seeing between 52-60 which apparently means still in vacuum and no boost. Anybody have a recommendation where to look next?

·
Blue Thunder
3,490 Posts
Dumb question. Can you see/hear the turbo spooling?

B

·
Boost Junkie
12,459 Posts
Sounds like your waste gate lines are routed incorrectly.

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts