Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
It's all ball bearings...
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in finding out what information anyone may have regarding fuel pumps for various levels of power on a single turbo MKIV. I put together this spreadsheet based on some information I found on MKIV.com and a few other sites:

http://www.fuindustries.com/supra/MKIV_Fuel_Calculations.xls

I currently have a T61 with Sard 800cc injectors, fuel rail & 285 lph fuel pump. I projected some numbers for the Sard 285 lph pump on this spreadsheet, but they are not hard and fast numbers from the manufacturer. I hope to have them soon. I have a T67 DBB on the way and I am assuming I need to go to 2 pumps, but I really haven't seen any hard data showing at what point this is required.

This spreadhseet is an attempt to compare the abilities of various pumps out there and to find out where their limits are in terms of power goals. I got the basic math from a poster in one of my previous threads, so please tell me if the calculations are incorrectly done. Any feedback would be helpful, thanks.

Chris

·
Registered
458 Posts
Here is some good info you could add to your sheet...

Check out the APEX'i R32 pump

I decided to try out the R32 Apex'i pump... since I only planned on running a max of 720cc injectors and a GT35R sized turbo. This pump is quiet as stock (all the walbros I've installed are LOUD) and flows as much as I'll put to use on the street or roadcourse.

The Supra sock filter goes right on it in place off the GTR filter sock, pretty easy install. Also MVP can get these for us pretty easily... Usually they have to be ordered into country, but I lucked out, getting one pretty quick that happened to be over here. It's a little pricey but hey, it's a nice damn pump. :)

·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
theman: Thanks for the info and the link, some good information there. I will see if there are any flow graphs out there for the APEX'i pump and add it to the chart if so. I'd really like to know the threshold at which dual pumps is required. Seems like a T67 is borderline, but in the yes category. Hopefully I can find some more fuel pump data and refine the calculations to give a better idea of what pump/pumps are needed at a given power level. Thanks again.

·
Registered
458 Posts
No problemo, your idea is a good one on putting together the info...
I believe if it isn't already graphed there, that there is enough data in the celled chart on that site to plot a good graph from anyway...

·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
theman: My bad, I made the mistake of viewing your link on my Treo when I replied previously. I just opened it up on my computer and saw that there is a whole lot more info than I thought at first. I will see what I can cull out of the graphs there and update my file tomorrow. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts