Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The need for speed
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,

I did a search and couldn't find anything. I know I read somewhere on SF about a site that had detailed instructions on how to install a single turbo. I was looking for websites that would walk me through removing stock twins, and installing a single turbo kit as well as a fuel system. Specfically a boostlogic turbo kit, although installation is all pretty much the same it seems. I would like to study up and use it as a guideline for when I put a single turbo and fuel in this winter :)

If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

Mike

·
The need for speed
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot.. Of course who would think it would be in FAQ? :( My bad... but i'm open for any other links that people may have done themselves.

Thanks

mav

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
Hey mike whats up man, I sent you a PM w/ my cell # incase you have any questions...Too bad im not local but if you need anything give me a holler!

Andrew

B

·
0 Posts
you know ill be there mav, dont worry too much about instructions... ive done it all before.

and the online instructions you are looking for are no longer up

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Yeah, just use that SP57 install along with the RPS kit install at www.mkiv.com. A lot isn't covered but removing the twins and bolting up most of the single just comes sorta natural. there isn't much to mess up. Just remember to plug up all those water and oil lines and to get the turbo on the manifold you need to put the exhaust housing on first and then bolt the turbo up to that. Good luck. :)

·
How does my exhaust smell
1,014 Posts
I have actually found it easier to connect the turbo and wastegate to the manifold before you put it in the car. Made life so much easier with my BL kit install.

·
The need for speed
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the help guys. I found pretty much what I was looking for. Looks like a single turbo install is straightforward... I should have no problem doing it. I'll be sure to take pictures and video of my progress :)

Mike

·
The need for speed
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bad94sup:

Hey bud! How are things going with you? Yes I am finally taking the plunge to go single turbo. I don't really need to... my car is plenty strong on stock twins and they have less than 60,000 miles on them, but I figure this would be a good winter to take on a project :)

So how do you like the t67? You have exactly what I want- t67 p-trim with the same a/r as you. I will also be getting a fuel system... still debating between the BL fuel system and a custom made fuel system. You going to Carlisle again next spring? You can count me there assuming everything goes well this winter..

How is that AEM treating you? I originally was going to go AEM on stock turbos this winter as my "project" and I still probably should, but I already bought a VPC so I'll just use this with the single until I have the urge to go AEM.

If I need any help I'll definetely give you a call. I expect to start sometime after Christmas.

Good to hear from you...

Mike

B

·
0 Posts
mav7 said:
bad94sup:

still debating between the BL fuel system and a custom made fuel system.

dude, enough debating. you made the decision, custom fuel system.

im making it for you, and your going to be happy.

My fuel system will be cheaper is not nicer than the BL system period. you dont believe me for some reason...

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
mav7 said:
bad94sup:

Hey bud! How are things going with you? Yes I am finally taking the plunge to go single turbo. I don't really need to... my car is plenty strong on stock twins and they have less than 60,000 miles on them, but I figure this would be a good winter to take on a project :)

So how do you like the t67? You have exactly what I want- t67 p-trim with the same a/r as you. I will also be getting a fuel system... still debating between the BL fuel system and a custom made fuel system. You going to Carlisle again next spring? You can count me there assuming everything goes well this winter..

How is that AEM treating you? I originally was going to go AEM on stock turbos this winter as my "project" and I still probably should, but I already bought a VPC so I'll just use this with the single until I have the urge to go AEM.

If I need any help I'll definetely give you a call. I expect to start sometime after Christmas.

Good to hear from you...

Mike
Mike, I'm def loving the SP67 kit, awesome spool you have to feel for yourself! If you're ever in the area, let me know and I'll take you for a ride....As far as the fuel system goes, I pretty much pieced my own together with the help of some fittings from SP, its not really that difficult! The AEM is awesome I have control of almost everything (rev limiters, 2 step, shift points, fueling (closed loop and open loop for cruising and WOT), ignition, knock, etc etc) I wouldn't have it any other way! Be sure to give me a call if you need any help! Good luck!

Andrew

1 - 15 of 15 Posts