Arnout said:I'm installing an SP57 kit on a friends mkIV and I got a few questions, maybe someone can help me with this.
1) The HKS wastegate on the kit got two vacuum nipples. What do I connect to which nipple?
2) The charcoal canister has three lines, of which the middle line used to go to the intake. The SP57 kit has no intake nipple, so what do I do with this hose? Leave it as is?
3) The coolant hose on the end of the block for the heater core hits the exhaust. Rubber. What modifications did you do to make it fit?
That's it for now
1) Depends on what kind of boost controller you have. The boost controller should come with a diagram for an external wastegate.
2) Just take the old hose, reverse it and cut it so the hose goes straight down and looks nice. The other end really does not need anything on it as it just draws air in when it purges. If you want you can use one of the small hose filters that come with most boost controllers.
3) I know the exhaust does not hit the rubber hose. I made the exhaust have a lot of clearance there because I alwyas hated the way the RPS kit hit the hose. Maybe you do not have the upper pipe attached to the head?? The upper pipe used to attach to the rear stock turbo. You can get creative and flip the pipe upside down and shorten it and use the bracket to attach it to the rear valve cover bolt.