Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put my T78 on and took it for a spin. everything seemed to work ok except i couldn't boost lower than 15.5 psi. can you adjust something on the wastegate itself?
the other thing is when i let off the gas at anything over 2500 rpms it dips waaay down and either almost dies or it does die, do you know how to remedy this?
thanks
Clint

·
Registered
124 Posts
You can adjust the wastegate spring pressure down to 14psi. If you want less than that I believe the RX-7 T-78 kit comes with a 7psi spring that you can order for not too much money.

The rpms falling like that is probably because you have an open atmosphere blow off valve and you're using metered air.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The RFL, LOL. That has to be the worst BOV ever. Even with all of the shims it still will leak at idle. Also since the design is flawed and they though metal would seal against metal without any gaskets or seals the thing leaks from all ends. I was personally involved a week ago in diagnosing that thing as a certified POS. So I guarantee that is causing a huge boost leak, which is most likely the source of your problems. Try and find someone with a HKS SSBOV and swap that in for the RFL. If you run over 500rwhp you'll need 2 so keep the boost down while testing it out.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The RFL is all sound no function. For up to 500rwhp one HKS SSBOV is the best bet, more power than that run 2 of them. One way to see if the BOV is leaking at idle is to put a latex glove over the horn where it blows off and then pulling it taught and holding it airtight. Have someone start up the car and watch the glove get sucked in, just make sure they turn it quick as to have the glove sucked in too far. If the glove does not get sucked in then it isn't leaking. I can't say the RFL is the source of all your problems but I can say it is a serious one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts