Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some questions and normally I would use the search botton but I dont see one so im forced to ask some questions.
Im planning on selling the cobra and getting a Supra and want to make it a Single turbo. Ive been looking at the sponsers websites and saw that BL had a nice T76 kit out. Im planning on getting an Auto, But what all do I need to make a Supra survive 700hp or above. Also is tranny upgrades, fuel upgrades and turbo kit all I really need to start out with?
Thanks for anyhelp.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
For 700whp, the stock long block will hold up fine. If you buy a 6 speed, the tranny will hold the power all day, but you'll need a clutch upgrade. If you buy an auto, you'll want to have it built. I have a 6 speed so I can't tell you what your best options with an auto are from experience. You'll definitely need a fuel system as well. Just so you know, when you're talking about 700 whp in a supra, that's a high boost scenario. You're not going to do it on pump gas alone. You could take a look at a 67mm turbo kit such as what Boost Logic offers and it'll get you right around that mark on high boost. Cams help you get there as well. A 67 will get you as close to that goal as possible while still maintaining great spool. You can go larger and get there a little easier but you sacrifice spool obviously. If you're looking to buy a car, your best bet would be to buy one that already has a single on it with a fuel system...unless you really want to do it yourself. Are you looking to drag race the car often or just have a fun street car?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im looking for a fun street car, and track on weekends. I want something new but faster then my Cobra. BTW didnt this forum used to have a forsale section?? Its been a long time since I was on this website.

·
Will work for Supra parts
624 Posts
It still does have a for sale/wanted section. It's under the "For Sale Sections". Unless you were browsing without being logged in. I never paid attention, but you do have to be logged in to view the multi-media sections. Maybe the FS Section is the same?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I dont know if DaveH sold his supra yet or not, however he had his for sale at a great price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts