Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the largest single turbo that I can run on the stock short block (fuel system etc. upgraded), and which of these turbos is the best all around performer (1/4, top end).

Thanks for the input.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
there is really no limitation to the size of turbo you can use with the stock motor... I believe saad's 850+ rwhp was made with stock motor...

-wc

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have made > 750 rwhp for a while now, and my compression test a month ago was still in Toyota spec. Burns no oil. And I have drag raced, street raced it, NOSed it, and dynoed about 40 runs on this motor. Unless you plan to stroke it or build an all-out race motor, trust Toyota. A stock short block is fairly inexpensive and very tough.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2JZGTE -- Thanks a lot for the info. You have an awesome car! -- One question though.. How are you're turbos in the 1/4 mile? Is your biggest problem hooking up? How are the 272 cams on the street?

Thanks! :cool:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
basupra -- I'm on the southside of town. I don't own a Supra just yet.. still looking. Bob knows a guy with an auto, but I want a 6-speed, mod free if I can. I drive a black/black 98 Cobra :( right now. I'm just trying to get everything planned out beforehand! :) Good Luck with your single! :cool:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've seen you up there. Haven't talked to you yet.. I'll make sure and say "hi" next time I see you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts