which is better, single or twin turbo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey...im relatively new to supras and was very interested in purchasing one to work on. i dont know a whole lot about them but was wondering which set up would yield the best long term performance, single or twin. im not looking for really serious racing, just for fun. any input would be great. thanx

·
Registered
100 Posts
if you get 2 small good sized turbos it would be a very quick spool and make as much power as a single turbo, but it will be most more costly. So single turbo is the best way to go.

·
ex BPU'er
5,096 Posts
I'm almost sure that this question is not in regards to aftermarket turbos... I think OP may be confused with Supras in general. Supras either only came in TT or NA. I've had a lot of people get confused with this idea, "why do you only have one turbo, the TT's are better." I think there is just some misinformation.

www.mkiv.com

read. read a lot

·
91TT comin up, 01 s2k
2,664 Posts
twin turbo all the way......I prefer a nice constant power band across the RPM then a sudden surge of power at a curtain RPM....

·
Blood for Blood
8,323 Posts
^ good point...

Yeah. Question is way to broad to give you an intelligent response. Both have pros and cons.
kinda is... what are u gona use the car for?

not to mention the new compound turbo setup that should be the end all be all for turbo setups.
lol when it comes out.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
boost logics ne twin set-up !!!!!

·
Registered
13,569 Posts
twin turbo all the way......I prefer a nice constant power band across the RPM then a sudden surge of power at a curtain RPM....
Maybe you mean "sequential twin turbo all the way" since any other parallel twin turbo setup has about the same powerband as a single of the same airflow capability

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Yeah. Question is way to broad to give you an intelligent response. Both have pros and cons.
I swear........

based on what sound science? Everything in motors ALWAYS comes at a price.

Nothing to include power band broadening comes for free, there is always a price to pay.

·
Fast Enough, Never Is.
920 Posts
Single a whole lot less parts to deal with and there is just something about a big single setting in my engine bay. On the other hand the new boost logic setup presents me with something else to think about.

·
Carbon Fiber Addict
573 Posts
been debating both ways myself and the single just seems to be better and more proven with less headache

1 - 19 of 19 Posts