Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you or any of you personally know of any big singles running autocross?
On stock blocks, besides cams.
Big singles meaning 67mm or larger.

I have a sp74mm with a th400 (eek 4500 stall), 272 cams, wondering if i can get away with hot lapping at the track for 20 minute intervals reliably. On say 26PSI.

·
Registered
531 Posts
They don't do well in autocross too much lag, car is too heavy to be competitive, you'd have miatas kicking your ass. Hotlapping on longer high hp tracks they are good if modded properly but smaller turbos are generally better.You need alot of cooling mods for tracking a big single supra, those turbos are like a blast furnace under the hood.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn. It is a sorta high speed track. I hve teh biggest tranny cooler and a greddy 4 row.

OH well it's just i have to run what I brung and i only own a supra for right now.

·
Premium Member
10,170 Posts
PIR, Varian? Talk to Mark and get his advice. He's done it a lot with the T-88. You will need to get a PS cooler if you haven't already.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
You definitely don't want to run 26 psi on the road course unless you like hanging out in the gravel/grass!! Plus you would overheat quickly. You probably won't be able to use much more than 550 RWHP max very effectively and should boost accordingly, maybe start at 450 RWHP and work your way up slowly as you become familiar.

Also look into some ducting to cool your brakes especially and motor/turbo. Ultimately, you would probably be much better off with a 61 to 63mm anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts