Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My supras been sitting for about half a month and i start it up about once a week. This time (maybe other times wans't really paying attention) It was smoking white smoke as i held it at 3k, then at idle there was smoke and then it calmed down. This was with the temp guage warmed up. Then i went down the street 2 times with short boosting in first, then once it idled it stopped.

*edit* this is from the exhaust

I'm not sure if this is BHG or normal,
Thanks

·
Registered
391 Posts
what was the temp outside? Do u have cats?

Andriy

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
maybe its leaky valves?

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
temp outside was warm.. t shirt weather i guess. I have the cat on the stock
downpipe.

I know my valve cover is leaking... how would that affect it.

When i changed my oil last, i didn't see any coolant,
As far as "cloudy" or "Milky" coolant, i'm pretty sure the coolant is good. I'm not sure how much "milky" is. It's green but not clear like in the bottle. And it's not easy to see in the overflow either

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
It's very possible that it's just humidity that built up over the night/day. Happened to me one time a few weeks after I finished my metal headgasket install and it freaked me out.. All was well for me though, good luck man :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
if the temp is lower then 10C i always have white smoke at start up until the car warms up, then it goes away, and no i don't have a BHG lol

Andriy

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also are the supra's valves mechanical or hydraulic. I have a slight tick and i'm told you can adjust it depending on what you have.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
It is most likely just from condensation. My car does it every morning and goes away once my exhaust is warmend up and I am also not running any cats. When it does it constantly then start to worry.

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the problem is that it's not insured at the moment....
i guess i'll find out once my celica sells then i can drive the Supra.

·
Registered
271 Posts
condesation and BHG smokw look the same for the the first few minutes until the car warms up. when my HG went i smoked out the entire intersection when i left the light(not fast) GH smoke (Steam) is usually very [email protected] thick VS. normal condensation.
the valves are shim-type(or tappet depending on where you're from)
also..my oils and coolant did not mix when the HG blew(popped on #6 in the back of the cyl where the coolant ppport os.

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts