Supra Forums banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Had to dig it out of some link to facepaper or something like that. Hopefully Javi or Aaron would do us the solid of posting some info on the forum... as is tradition
Word is this forum will be updated by SIV staff when a full itinerary is available.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Alan, I figured that was the case, and I realize it's a huge undertaking. Their efforts are definitely appreciated!

So, does anyone have a ballpark of what sort of speed range the road course at Speed Vegas has for the turns at either end of the track? I currently don't have second gear, but I do have a 4.11 diff and R154, with a tiny turbo, so I'm thinking I could likely take most of the course in third gear...

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
So, does anyone have a ballpark of what sort of speed range the road course at Speed Vegas has for the turns at either end of the track? I currently don't have second gear, but I do have a 4.11 diff and R154, with a tiny turbo, so I'm thinking I could likely take most of the course in third gear...
I listened to many people discuss this and then in typical fashion, promptly purged the info from memory. Why? Couldn't tell you.

Of the people still active on this forum @Steve Theodore is the only one that comes to mind as having run the road course.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I ran the course last year, in Megan's Mk4. Different car in so many ways, but I do recall putting it into 2nd at the ends of the course, mostly because we were still on warmup laps and the instructor in front of me wasn't going for maximum velocity just yet. I was so incredibly tired that day my memory of most of it is fuzzy. Suppose I could watch a handful of youtube videos of other people running the track's cars around, see where they land.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I ran the course last year, in Megan's Mk4.
Well, shows how much I paid attention.....

I think the 2 tight right hand turns might be the only problem spots that you run into. With your gearing you might be able to slog through it, but it just won't be the fastest way around the track.

·
Super Moderator
11,394 Posts
I went every year from 2014-2018 and always, always had a blast. I missed 2019 due to work and 2020 again because I was deployed.
2021 is HAPPENING, folks! Gods willing, that white SC300 ya'll have seen before will have a very different powertrain, and hopefully my very first old shitty silver MK3 will hopefully make an appearance too, with something spicy under the hood.

We start going for the cars, but really we keep going because of the partying and the people. Great, great times!

Reactions: FasTTurbo

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Well, shows how much I paid attention.....

I think the 2 tight right hand turns might be the only problem spots that you run into. With your gearing you might be able to slog through it, but it just won't be the fastest way around the track.
No worries Alan! I didn't bother going for any laps later, because her car had a less than ideal coolant overflow that was starting to, well... overflow. Ducting in that car needs some attention and its cooling system was a bit stressed from the warmup laps. I didn't wanna be that guy who was leaving drips of coolant on track.

My car should be able to slog it through. It has some mild cams in it, so off boost and low rpm... it'd definitely be a slog. It's ok though, I could make up for it in the curves, that's what I built that car for. :)

I went every year from 2014-2018 and always, always had a blast. I missed 2019 due to work and 2020 again because I was deployed.
2021 is HAPPENING, folks! Gods willing, that white SC300 ya'll have seen before will have a very different powertrain, and hopefully my very first old shitty silver MK3 will hopefully make an appearance too, with something spicy under the hood.

We start going for the cars, but really we keep going because of the partying and the people. Great, great times!
What's this? Jeff, talking about bringing not only one car, but TWO??? Egaads! :p

Agreed on that last point friend. The cars are cool, but it's the people that bring us back. :)

Reactions: Wreckless

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Registration is live on a hastily thrown together Wordpress website. Not a lot of details still though. Registration fees appear to have gone up a bit.

10/7- Track day at Speed Vegas.
10/8- Dyno day and show and shine at the same location and time, but we don't know where that is. EDIT: Correction; all events are at Speed Vegas
10/9- Nothing until the awards ceremony at Speed Vegas from 6pm to 10pm. On the bright side there will be free food for registrants and a bar for purchasing drinks.

SIV – A WHOLE NEW VEGAS

Link for the hotel room is on the site, but here it is: Supras in Vegas 2021 - Start your reservation
Rates look similar to previous years.

·
Registered
394 Posts
how long do I have to make my supra safe for the drive from Georgia..

·
Super Moderator
11,394 Posts
Any word on the parking situation? Same deal as usual at Excalibur?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
No word on parking, so I can only assume that since Excalibur is the host hotel again that the parking situation will be the same.

how long do I have to make my supra safe for the drive from Georgia..
While I've made the drive from ABQ to north GA in a single day, I'd recommend giving yourself 3 days to get to Vegas. So try to have it road worthy by the end of September.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I might be making this drive from North Georgia as well, if I can have my car ready by then. If not, I'll just be spectating the whole weekend.
what part of ga are you from ?? I am in the coweta county area!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Alan, thanks for posting the registration link and the link for the hotel. I'll look into that this weekend.

Hunting season is interfering with my vacation plans a bit. Hopefully have things worked out, but if not I'd be trying to drive down after work (a ~9 hour drive) the night before a track day, in a car that's not exactly known for trouble free road trips. Yeesh.

Any word on specifics on the track day?

Also, mobile dyno, at the show and shine? Fantastic plan.

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,535 Posts

GAME ON BOYYYYYYY

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
No kidding. To be fair though, our group has more cars in it than a lot of car dealerships have these days. Parking for all that, at a shop? Even the place I work couldn't easily accommodate SIV, and we have 16 VERY large bays, with a ~70k sq-ft building.

Looking forward to seeing how the dyno works in a show environment. :)

Edit: Billy better bring his A-game this year. :p

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
No kidding. To be fair though, our group has more cars in it than a lot of car dealerships have these days. Parking for all that, at a shop?
Plus all the tag-alongs that always seem to follow.............

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
You know, I'm starting to think these cars are more fun for the people who don't have them than for the people who do. Much as I don't care for specific attention when out on the road, I feel like something of a celebrity in Megan's car. So, I can understand the tag alongs and the excitement of fresh eyes when it comes to Supras. They're special to a lot of people, for sure. There was even once a time that I was new to the game and everything was such a rush...

21 - 40 of 54 Posts