Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey was sup yall. Well, I got a simple qestion. What size are th speakes in a 89 Toyota Supra? et me know aight. Thanx
Peace

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
front- 4"
back seats - 3.5"
hatch area - 5", yep 5". You can drop 4" in there or use a dremel on the speaker box to make 5.25" work. I just did that. Requires a fair amount of dremelling, but I got Infinity 5.25" to fit flush in the speaker box. Whatever speaker you use, it can't have a depth any greater than the Infinity (forgot what the depth of the Infinity is)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
koo

Aight, thanx. I'm worken on getten my system hooked up. What do you'll think of the Kenwood Kamealen (how ever you spell it) Head unit. I'm thinken about getten that one. I got two 12" subs in the back right now. They are MTX. I heard they suck. What kind of amp and subs do you'll recommend?

Peace

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
speaker locations ?

Waitaminute ?

Front Door 4" (knew that)
Rear Hatch 4" (knew that)

There are 3 1/2" speakers next to the back seat ?

In the Targa's too ?

Thanks,
DaveC

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep they are there, but my reccomendation is unhook the biatches if you don't put at least 5.25"s in. You can fit 6.5" in the front doors fairly easy with a new wooden plate bracket. I had Thomas's shop do them for me but after lookin at it it's really simple and I promise I'll get a photo up of them in the next week or two.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know the doors are 5" and the back are around the same, but I thought the back seats were like 1.5". They looked too small to be anything bigger then 2". If possible can you send a pic cuz 3" seems to big.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put some 3" speakers in the middle sit speaker places, don't waste your time, just unhook them unless you're gonna put some bigger ones in, mine blew real quick and they sounded bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts