Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SJSHREDDER 97 billet 4276 single build project

Well im finally getting around to getting the car back up and going after a long awaited 3 years. Dew to some life issues i had to put the car off and never had time to touch it. I bought the car about 5 years ago as a bpu TT car and thats how it stayed until something decided to break on one of the turbos, still never figured it out. but anyway after 3 years if sitting i was not going back to stock twins so i choose a good path for my single build. ive been taking my time with the build and i wanted to share my progress with everyone so hear it is.

Build list:
billet4276 w/tial 1.01 v-band exh
custom built mani
5 in intake
4 in full exhaust
tial wg and bov
greddy 3 row
ARP head studs
billet tensioner
ferrea bee hive springs
ferrea retainers/lock/seals
-10 fuel sys
triple pump hanger
titan fuel rail
id2000s
aem v2
clutch- undecided

Heres a couple pictures of when i first got the car

A few of tear down from beginning to now.

Now the fun starts

The head will be going back on in about a week so i will have more updates and pictures soon. Let me know what u guys think

·
The Caravan Aficionado
5,000 Posts
wow... just had to double check to make sure i saw the following correctly: "billet4276"

Looking to see where this goes, make jersey proud :) If you need any help with anything feel free to let me know, if i cant help, i know someone in the area who can :)

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i have an update finally. got the head back on today and test fitted some things. time to show off some of the goods.

stripped all the junk off do get a flat surface before we put the new headgasket on

installing the head and the arp head studs, btw it took me forever to find a socket to fit to tighten the studs down. craftsman 3/8 drive 1/2 socket was the only thing i found that fit haha.

got the head buttoned up and decided to test fit the manifold since im still waiting on other head parts before i can get it all back together.

sat the turbo on to get a peek at what its going to look like :)

with the waste gate on

ill be posting more up soon in the next week or so with the head back together and the turbo completely bolted on and then ill be tackling the intake side. let me know what you think thanks for looking

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
Looks great so far, congratulations. I'm sure it'll be a real beast.

It'll be interesting to try to compare your results with the TiAL exhaust housing with other similar setups. However, I think comparisons will be difficult to make conclusive unless it could be done on the same car, same setup, same dyno, same conditions. But the TiAL's also look great which is why I went with two for my twins even though I couldn't find convincing comparisons. Mine seem to work great so I'm happy.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank fellas. Cars coming I'm excited going to be real fun. As for the tial housing I bought the kit with it so I had no choice but if I were to decide I would take risk because you dont see it to often and it looks pretty sweet, plus I also looked into the differences and there wasn't really anything.

·
(Rare & Unique)
3,886 Posts
Hey man, I think we spoke at the SW7 event briefly back then and you mentioned this build. Looking good so far and you did ended up going with the big turbo.
Any clutch decision yet ? A twin disc minimum for sure :)

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey man, I think we spoke at the SW7 event briefly back then and you mentioned this build. Looking good so far and you did ended up going with the big turbo.
Any clutch decision yet ? A twin disc minimum for sure :)
Thanks man. Yea i spoke with you about your wheels and stuff haha even threw a quick clip of them in my sw7 edit, they look so good i want them so bad in chrome or polished. But yea i stayed with the original setup i got, so siked to finish it up. As for a clutch im most likely going to go with a twin disc for now since im able to get one and a really good price. Hopefully i can get it out soon so i can have a car to put with my face and i can really start meeting everyone. Hows your car btw

·
(Rare & Unique)
3,886 Posts
I hear ya on wanting to get it up and running, especially with the nice weather finally here. Always nice to put a car/face together and I'm looking forward to seeing your completed project. I like the simple look of alot of things, and went with my wheels, thanks. Maybe I have seen that clip you metioned but maybe Pm me in case I missed it as I don't Don't want to cluter your build thread. They would look sweet on White !

Glad you got a clutch for it and watch out for Aluminum FW as it will be noisy.

·
(Rare & Unique)
3,886 Posts
Hey bud, how's it going with this build ? Been sometime and was wondering if it's done or about to be ?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok well its been awhile since i updated but i got a chance to work on the car today and got some more progress done. i also took a step back and decided to make some more changes. getting pretty settled on everything i need now and no more extras as of yet.

1. i decided to go ahead and change the water pump while everything was out of the way and would be a simple but smart buy. while i was at it i went ahead and changed the timing tensioner pin since i didnt like the looks of the old one. chose to go a different route with a crank pulley and bought a ati damper as well. and last i got for a good deal some titan cam gears.
out

took some time on the gears and cleaned them up

out with the old

here with the new pin

here with the water pump installed. i also went ahead and installed a titan billet tensioner bracket to be on the safe side

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
2. i got my oil feed and retune lines made up and installed. after that was done i went ahead and got to bolting my manifold up for good and boy was that a pain. i ended up having to take the water pump back of so i could get to some of the bolts but after a couple hours its all tight and good to go. i also used a twinsturbo rotator bracket for my lower water neck that u can see in this picture. its a really nice piece.

3. the fun part started and i got to place the turbo on for good. first i hooked up all my lines and fittings and installed the down pipe then installed the charge pipes.

tial bov

4. before i ran out of steam i got the waste gate and the dump tube on and it all tightened up. heres a few of what i got done today.

hope you guys like. this up coming weekend im getting the cams back in and doing the cam gears along with the timing belt and ati crank pulley. possibly going to dig into the fuel system if i get done in time.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Looking good, who did the charge pipe?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts