Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Skyline R34 MAF (Mine's) + f con S

With the other previous VPC vs 2 maf's topic, what about using the Skyline GTR MAF? Mine's tuning company sells a "big capacity airflow meter" (pg 92 hyperrev v58) maxing out at 600 hps. So since it is able to handle 600hps, could you replace the stock maf with this unit?

On a side note, my friend's t67 ka24det, 445hps is running a mustang MAF, so if that works, couldn't the Skyline one work on our cars?

btw, i heard some new information about the F-con S. Chris Chee, Willie Yee's roommate was telling me that HKS is bringing the F-CON S over in a couple of months which is supposed to be replacing the VPC. The f-con s from what i understand is a piggy back unit that will also perform the same functions as the vpc but will also be able to control ignition...(i think) Now I could be wrong about this one but the FCON Pro, like the Power FC will not be able to do the same functions as a VPC. So in other words, if you ever got the Apex Power FC or F-Con Pro, you still would need the VPC. (i think)

thanks
leonard

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
http://www.supraforums.com/supravb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6631

Any hot-wire MAF that scales the voltage the same way as ours will work. I'm guessing you would have some sort of ajustable voltage amplifier/divider on the circuit to allow you to use the MAF with different injector sizes. The temperature sensor voltage must also scale the same, or be modified to do so.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts