Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Boost Junkie
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i was doing some thinking last night....motor swaps are done in many things such as the 1jz and 2jz into a mk3 supra or sr20s and rbs into 240s ....hell ive even seen an sr swapped into a 350z....

but i digress.....i was doing some thinking and a friend of mine has a complete RB25 he would sell me with tranny for a few hundred bucks....im curious if this swap has ever been done into a mk3...or any supra for that matter.

i figured that i could save myself a few hundred on a motor and tranny and no waiting on delivery if i buy this. if i run a standalone ecu wiring shouldnt be too bad right? but the mounting and fitment i think would be the hardest part...i have never done a motor swap before i have only helped boost one car and it was fun to do but i think for me to swap an RB25 into a toyota (as sacreligious as it would be) would be like a 3 year old trying to do a 1000 piece puzzle.....

any tips comments or advice would be greatly appreciated

thanks
andy

·
(◕_◕)
3,756 Posts
I don't think so.

·
2JZ S13
2,204 Posts
haven't seen/heard of one, and there's a reason the 2JZ.

·
Car guy
803 Posts
That is a huge project you don't want to take on. Way to many customs parts to fabricate. I can't imagine how much this would cost you. Buy a 2jz clip, it has been done many times so you have lots of picture and write up's to look at. John

·
Boost Junkie
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is a huge project you don't want to take on. Way to many customs parts to fabricate. I can't imagine how much this would cost you. Buy a 2jz clip, it has been done many times so you have lots of picture and write up's to look at. John
Itch cured.....

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Didn't Top Secret swap an RB into an MK4?

-Alex

·
Registered
103 Posts
In Japan, there were some people who swapped in RB26 in MK4 Supra. I don't know exactly how many people who still have those cars as of today. However there are probably more than you might think. I have/read some specialty books for Supra (Hyper Rev and I Love series) and other Japanese magazines so that's how I know.

I've never heard of RB25 in MK3 Supra, however, but hey, anything is possible if you really want to do it. :D

·
Registered
345 Posts
my friend had purchased a mk3 with a rb20 in it from japan so thats been done! also we have a s15 sr20 motor in a fd rx7 too....

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
A horrible photoshop is what it is...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Do It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:d

1 - 20 of 94 Posts