Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking about line-locks and they gave me an idea. what if i were to put a solenoid/valve etc in the clutch line and set it up to where it would release the pressure at a certain rate (trial and error) that would be best for slipping slightly/best launch. consistant launches and possibly less wear on drivetrain (given its set up right).
anyone ever do this? pro's? cons?
what would be best to use at such high pressures?

i know on certain bmw's they use restrictors in the clutch line so that it cant engage abruptly. kind of a similar idea but adjustable
discuss...

B

·
0 Posts
Domestic guys use to and still do run something along the same lines of what you are thinking of...They just use a valve off the line and slowly let out...they do so with a auto though....goodluck-pdang

·
Banned
2,655 Posts
RussianMKIV said:
i was thinking about line-locks and they gave me an idea. what if i were to put a solenoid/valve etc in the clutch line and set it up to where it would release the pressure at a certain rate (trial and error) that would be best for slipping slightly/best launch. consistant launches and possibly less wear on drivetrain (given its set up right).
anyone ever do this? pro's? cons?
what would be best to use at such high pressures?

i know on certain bmw's they use restrictors in the clutch line so that it cant engage abruptly. kind of a similar idea but adjustable
discuss...
This may sound like the gayest reply ever posed on the Internet but hear me out. Back in the early 90's when penda sponsored monster truck racing. when it was not just an exhibition gay arena car crushing show. A couple of the teams used exactly what your talking about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts