Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently changed my diff. oil. I add hypoid oil and a CRC LSD/Posi Additive. But now my rear end seems to be slipping. When I take off one tire spins very easily, which did not happen before. It also feels funny when i turn corners. Is there a special oil or additive I should be using? Let me know what you think..... Thanks !!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I used the ford LSD gear lube ( $17.00 a quart X 2 quarts). It works great. I hook up easily. In the corners I have to watch it!! to much gas and the back end comes around!!!

The only problem is that now I have some leaking on the sides of the Diff. Not a lot, I haven't had to add in over a year, but it's noticable.

HTH Dennis

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Change back to regular LSD oil, as specified in the TSRM.

A friction modifier is really only used to prevent the clutches from chattering (and run a bit cooler), at the expense of increased clutch slip.

If you have no clutch chatter (inside the LSD obviousy), there is no reason to use friction modifier, and sounds like it's causing your excessive slip.

Also a friction modifier has to be used in very small amounts, and quantity used tailored to each differential. More is deffinataly not better in this case.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.