Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
There IS such a thing as too much money. that much power in that short a wheelbase=bad idea.
Now if you swapped a -65 V12 into an SLR, I bet that'd be cool. more torque, and easy to turn up the boost...

G

·
Taltrini, do tell why is a lot of power in a short wheelbase bad? I'm very curious to know.

I have heard before that longer cars are used in high speed straight line work. For example, Steve Millen switched to the 2+2 type body for the 1990-1996 300ZX he raced, instead of the shorter wheelbase 2+0 coupe 300zx.

So, why is it that longer wheelbases are preferred?

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
less stable at high speed. --- do you really want me to get into the physics of it??

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
^^in a nutshell. Just for comparison, I drove an Mcoupe (240hp, short wheelbase BMW) in anger a few years back, and everytime I even looked at a corner wrong, it would feel like the back wanted to come around and see what all the fuss was about. It never did, but I never felt completely comfortable in it

·
Registered
594 Posts
i wish they had the hood up in one of the pictures....i want to see how the engine bay looked...that is a pretty sweet swap though...i guess when you have that much money, who cares

·
hardtopper
2,409 Posts
:bsflag: I call BS!

Looks too Photoshopped to me. Why would you spend that much money on a car like that and then just chop the hood in a manner that looks like hell and could cut the coolant lines in the front.

It if was true why not custom make a cowl hood that would safely cover everything and look good?

It would cost a fraction of what that swapped costed.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I agree that engine I bet cost more than 2 or three SLKs. Neat idea but prolly photoshopped

I also think you would have to jump through some major hoops to get a SLR engine new unless it was wrecked or something

·
hardtopper
2,409 Posts
Tatanko said:
This is Dubai we're talking about here...those guys are nuts. I believe it's real.
"Hey guys, check this out! I just dropped a $40-50k motor in my new SLK55 and the bitch wouldn't fit to close the hood. So now I have these stylish air ducts in my hood. Awesome isn't it?"

:wtflol:

Dude go down that thur street and get u one of them there kustom hoods!

·
98 RSP TT
2,532 Posts
93HRDTOPTT said:
Why would you spend that much money on a car like that and . . . . .
I ask myself this question for alot of cars on here. "WTF were u thinking, u put on a crapy body kit and crapy rims and it looks like sht and is slow."

we will never know why

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Well the cost of that engine new is more like the the low 90K probably or more. I remember when i worked at a MB dealer and decided to look up the cost of a SL600 V-12 engine one day. My cost was over 60K and that was about 9 years ago.

·
hardtopper
2,409 Posts
Eric_C said:
I ask myself this question for alot of cars on here. "WTF were u thinking, u put on a crapy body kit and crapy rims and it looks like sht and is slow."

we will never know why

Yeah I guess your right but still ................:wtflol:

·
Pimp of Centralia
2,815 Posts
dude.. some of these guys in the middle east have and endless supply of money and some of the crazy shit i have seen them do with cars.. i wouldn't put this past them

1 - 20 of 75 Posts