Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gas pedal feels very sloppy and according to my AVC-R I only reach 88% throttle when im WOT. Anybody ever have a problem with this? Know how to fix it?

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Then replace it?

When I set up my AFC you actually have to set the TPS by pushing the pedal all the way to the floor to record 100% throttle. Have you had a friend push the pedal to be sure that it's not just your AVC-R settings?

We really can't tell you anything about your pedal without seeing it, just find one in a junkyard or pull yours out and try to fix it if you think it's bad.

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
I would double check that cable. I had the same exact problem after my swap, couldnt go WOT.

Make sure you have absolutly NO slack in the cable at the throttle body.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Played with the cable for a while today and finally I have 100% throttle. When I tried adjusting it, it would just always stay at 88%. So I took some pliers and pulled the cable as hard as I could, put it all back together and voila, I had 100% throttle. Who knows why I had to do that, but it works now. Thanks for the responses.

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
It was deff the pedal dude. Its where it bolts to the firewall, the eyelet thing pulls thru. i thought I fixed it for good, but apparently it came out again.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmm, no wonder the pedal is still sloppy. Looks like I gotta get under there and check again.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looked at it today, or should I say I felt it with my fingers. Seems like there should be something going between the firewall and the cable to get rid of slack. How did you fix the problem Pete?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts