Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car makes a water sloshing sound when i start it or when I WOT in 1st gear with the clutch all the way in. any ideas?

Edit: Seems to only do it when its cold.

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
Give me a B.... B

Give me an H.... H

Give me a G.... G

What does that spell? Time to get dirty! :D

check to see if u have air in ur system! burp it! if not that.... hmmmmmmmmmmm!

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Xaphan said:
My car makes a water sloshing sound when i start it or when I WOT in 1st gear with the clutch all the way in. any ideas?

Edit: Seems to only do it when its cold.
Does it sound like a babbling brook? ( :ghey: ) Its probably just air in the system. Search for burping the system, or better yet take it to a shop that has a vacuum pump and have them bleed the system.

Also by "WOT in 1st gear with clutch all the way in", do you mean you rev it like that standing still? If so :nono:

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Meh

Yea Reved it standing still.
Wouldnt a BHG make it run like ass?

·
...heading for 500+ RWHP
467 Posts
True. A BHG would make your performance suffer noticably. Also you should be able to hear the difference in the sound off your engine if infact it blew all the way through. look for other symptoms of a BHG. Sounds like your cooling system needs a burp though...mine does

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Mk3_300 said:
True. A BHG would make your performance suffer noticably. Also you should be able to hear the difference in the sound off your engine if infact it blew all the way through. look for other symptoms of a BHG. Sounds like your cooling system needs a burp though...mine does
BZZZ - wrong. A BHG does not necessarily make the car run "noticebly" worse. It will hurt performance, but its not like taking a sparkplug out unless it is a really bad BHG.

I had a BHG for a few months and didn't even notice it b/c is was relatively minor. I lost coolant and had some sweet smelling smoke and this waterfall sound.

Go get a leak down test done and see if that is the problem.

·
Hardcore Night Warrior
2,533 Posts
Check under the oil cap for "Wendys Frosty"

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
It really depends on where the BHG is. If it's in between cylinders then performance will suffer. If it's in between a coolant jacket and cylinder you might never notice a performance drop. Hell I drove to Bryan TX, Houston, then to northern Mississippi all on a BHG. Car ran perfect except that it was going through coolant pretty quick. I even raced a WRX STi and a Neon SRT4 w/NOS and beat them both, all on a BHG.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for replys

Yea I drove 600 miles from CO to OK. Dindt lose any coolant. Could altitude cause a need for coolant burp? Maybe thats a stupid question if it is tell me so Ill know how to be a little more of a gimp. Seriously thanks though its nice to see everyone is opening to helping me

·
DDDDUUUUUBBBBBZZZZZZZZ
2,022 Posts
Sounds good-make sure when you check the coolant you look in the actual radiator, not just the overflow tank. With a BHG, the radiator can lose coolant and force it onto the overflow, and not have the pressure to bring it back due to the leak. If your rad. and overflow are still full, just burp the system and you should be cool. Maybe the air got there from a bad incomplete coolant flush (notorious at jiffy lube's)

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
check the coolant...follow the sogi site's procedure to burp the rad and it should take away the sea in the dash syndrome

1 - 12 of 12 Posts