Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
MAH, Mortars
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, when your doin an average speed or a high speed drift and your going around a bend and it S turns sharply or your comin up to a sharper turn ahead... heres my Question! How do you slow the drift down with out loosing control or spinning out of control trying? any help would be nice... Thank you for your time..:)

·
Not associated with ^^
501 Posts
A couple of ways...more angle with little to no throttle...left foot brake during the transfer...or just let off the throttle, then roll back in it during the transfer.

·
MAH, Mortars
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess all I can do is just listen to the tips you all give and just keep practicing

·
Registered
272 Posts
left foot braking.. so you can stay in the throttle and power back out of the turn without dropping out of boost.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Only reason i would say using the ebrake more than the foot brake sometimes is because if you slam on the foot brake, the front will grab more than the rear (which is why i use the ebrake while slamming on the foot brake) and will cause the car to understeer/straighten out.

Left foot braking would but I would rather have the left foot unoccupied to clutch kick after slowing down and losing rpms. Using the foot brake is usually ok especially when its a "trained reaction" or from your instincts while drifting your car.. which will only come from practice. You will learn when not to use it and when to use it.. all practice.

·
Registered
272 Posts
LOL.. me of all people should keep the left foot free. After all i need it for my ebrake too :) automatic gs300 remember

On another note.. Darren, I saw you hanging out with Andy in the SlideAmerica vid. The Sup is looking good. We go to Atlanta to drift alot and Andy's always out there ripping.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yea, im comming down there for D4 pro am series.. i think they havin it at watermellon speedway on july 21st..

And shit man! you have old school foot ebrake!? if so, i give you props hahaha

·
9,000,000 lbs of BOOOOST!
625 Posts
i just go in with little or no throttel to slow down then when needed clutch kick to get back into higher RPM's

·
MAH, Mortars
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
me and left foot braking need more practice!!! hahaha it's like a retarded foot trying to be cool! haha:)

·
MAH, Mortars
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL well shit, I had the drifting on lock down in grand turismo 2 on ps2!! it sure seemed easy... it actually helped a lil bc it help me calculate when to start a drift and how fast to to in the initial drift! but yea.. i prolly won't be able to practice for a while..

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yea, another game to practice on is Forza... that game is great because you can really tweak the car and it really reacts a lot better than GT.. not sure about GT2 i never got into that one, but i think GT3 is way too hard to drift. Forza you can test your setup and be able to rely on the car to react on how it does on the video game.

·
BMW Tech
337 Posts
Yea, another game to practice on is Forza... that game is great because you can really tweak the car and it really reacts a lot better than GT.. not sure about GT2 i never got into that one, but i think GT3 is way too hard to drift. Forza you can test your setup and be able to rely on the car to react on how it does on the video game.
Forza is a good game to get down the basics, but how can you say GT3 is hard to drift in, come on now. GT4 is hard to drift in. I tried many hours and only some months ago finally got it with a heavy car (Full weight Mk4 Supra...) with 600hp....

Either Ebrake it or left foot brake. Yes its going to be hard but it could work.

But a hard one is left hand turn going to a short straight going back into another left hander. I found on those do your normal high speed drift, slam on the brakes and lock up all 4 letting the car slide for the extra little bit, then you need to clutch kicking to get it going again.

·
MAH, Mortars
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I soo can't wait til forza 2 comes out for 360!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm sooo stooked:)

·
Not associated with ^^
501 Posts
But a hard one is left hand turn going to a short straight going back into another left hander. I found on those do your normal high speed drift, slam on the brakes and lock up all 4 letting the car slide for the extra little bit, then you need to clutch kicking to get it going again.

You just got to pick a good line for those, low angle, upshift once you exit the first corner and you should just be able to let off the throttle and enter the next turn properly.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts