Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
DO WORK!!
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bryan's Turbo came in and I made him up some spacers... and this is what we came up with.... Bryan is one CRAZY mofo to put a 47-88 on a 7m.

But man... I cant wait to see this thing on that track!!!!

Enjoy!!!

One of our Techs Danny Hiding behind the 47-88

Good luck in Vegas Bryan from all of us at SP!!!!

[email protected]

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
i cant wait either! damn thats gonna be one bad ass set up!

·
I heart 80's Toyota's
631 Posts
Bry, did you stay t4? or is that t6... looks like there is an adaptor in the pics but I can't tell for sure.....

oh and thanks for not say bye on sunday.... j/k but you missed the guy flip out on some girl and try to pull a gun

·
Be original, not a copy
861 Posts
NIIIIICE! Gonna be VERY interesting. Be careful though--you know that 7Ms can't make power or be reliable.

:hahano: :hail:

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Damn thats awsome. Hey Tim who made the manifold? Slow66 get that baby rollin i wanna see some vids. What is he going to do with the hood? That thing obviously isnt going to fit under there.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Jesus! that things HUGE! very sexy though! that manifold was made by Ron Ramerez... a GREAT fabricator!

·
Not your average auto mk3
1,046 Posts
catch2nd said:
Bry, did you stay t4? or is that t6... looks like there is an adaptor in the pics but I can't tell for sure.....

oh and thanks for not say bye on sunday.... j/k but you missed the guy flip out on some girl and try to pull a gun

Its a t6 Dustin...the adaptor goes from t4 to t6 as we didnt want to cut up Rons manifold. I will probably have a new mani made up that is t6 specific and lowers the turbo a bit, but im gonna use this setup for now.

As far as the hood i concerned, ill wait till i get it in the car to decide what im going to do. Most likely i wont even use a hood for a while, and then once i get the manifold issue situated, i will most likely have a 'glass hood made that will contour to the inlet of the turbo much liek the AAP car or Justin Humphrey's car...

Thats the plan for now anyways, and big thanks to Tim and the SP crew for gettin me the turbo and a decent price....i'd reccommend them to anybody, and Tim is a great guy to do business with as well....

Hopefully we'll see some dyno #s soon :)

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,083 Posts
You did get one thing right...................Bryan is one crazy MoFo!

Pure insanity, I can see it now, a giant hole in the hood to close that monster. Better yet weld some chain links together and make a cage over the top of it like it had to be chained to the car!

·
DO WORK!!
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Bryan Shuns his head at turbo lag.... as he will be 2 stepping the car and have a pretty large spool up shot...

I tryed to talk him to a smaller turbo.... but he wasent having any of that... go big or go home!!!

Yeah we made a t4 to t6 adapter and a riser block to get the exhaust housing off the Valve cover...

Ron R. made a great manifold! truely top quality.

By the Way Bryan... I still have to do the Anti-surge Delete on your turbo.... I was just to excited and wanted to see it on my mock up motor!!!

·
Supras Invade Las Vegas
2,385 Posts
I was wondering what that rushing wind was when I opened this thread. That thing is so huge even the pictures have massive power! DAYUMN!

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I'm not sure whats so crazy about putting a GT47-88 on a 7M. Build it, tune it, its just another 3.0 liter inline 6. I see 1k+ rwhp in someones future..

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
MRSUPRA said:
I'm not sure whats so crazy about putting a GT47-88 on a 7M. Build it, tune it, its just another 3.0 liter inline 6. I see 1k+ rwhp in someones future..
well mainly because to use a turbo that large you need to rev. and most supras on here rev up to 6700 rpm at best.

nice piece bryan!

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
:0! that bitch is gonna move!

I'll be at vegas to see this

·
PSN-Slowassmk3
415 Posts
Bryan Shuns his head at turbo lag.... as he will be 2 stepping the car and have a pretty large spool up shot...

I tryed to talk him to a smaller turbo.... but he wasent having any of that... go big or go home!!!

By the Way Bryan... I still have to do the Anti-surge Delete on your turbo.... I was just to excited and wanted to see it on my mock up motor!!!
EDIT- Bryan on Genna's name/computer

Big turbos and nitrous are liek a match made in heaven :D

I was gonna ask about the delete cover, but i know you guys are on top of that :)

As far as revs are concerned, i have the cams, valvetrain and headwork to try 9000+, btu we'll see if my bottom end is up to that....im gonna set the limit at 8500 for now, btu if its still making power at that point, i guess i'll just have to raise it :D

I guess a good way to look at it is Mibrums dragster 7m in a mkiii body, running on alchohol, and then a 200 shot for spool and 40psi of boost :D

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
yea i was just ogin to say, if rev's becomce a problem, should ask mibrum how theirs is holding up. Can not wait to see this car in action!!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts