Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this NA Auto Hardtop sitting at a shop. Apparently it was sitting for 6+ years without a motor. The owner brought it to his mechanic with hopes that he would put a TT swap in it but never got around to it. The shop then changed owners and the new owners agreed to put the car back together but never did.

I got wind of the car and had to check it out. It was just sitting in the bay with parts on top of it... covered in dust. I honestly knew that this car had to come home with me no matter what. Being a perfectionist... I knew that I would give the car a good home. Buying it would allow me to build it into something competitive and leave my other Supra stock.

The shop owner laughed at me when i said i wanted to buy it. He said the owner of the car had several offers over the years for the car and he never wanted to sell it. He said that he hopes that the car gets sold so it can open up a bay in his shop. Finally rlthey gave me his number and I left a message. The owner got back to me and after a long conversation.. he said "I think this car is for you". I met him at the bank and did the transaction. After a whole day ordeal I got the car home. Poor thing looked so hurt. It had ebay hood vents that were actually cut into the hood and even a used dirty freaking condom. After cleaning her out I told her that I will take care of her.

Mikey from M&S and I had several converastions about him building the car for me. He helped me in the past and I knew I trusted him and his team to build the car. I asked him if he wanted me to bring the car to him first or get the car painted first. He told me to paint the car and since the motor was out.. to paint the bay as well. About 3 weeks after that last conversation... he passed away. I brought the car to a friends bodyshop where it sat for 6 months before they touched it. I was going to keep the car black but as I got deeper and deeper into to project we ended up shaving the bay and ripping out the interior for a full color change.

This will be a very slow build. A lot has changed in the past 6 months since the car went into paint. I am no longer in NJ. I moved for FL and the car is still up north.

I will updates as I go back and forth to NJ. Please excuse the photos... the mobile site is acting funky

Attachments

·
Very Senior Member
10,053 Posts
Is it auto or manual?
What is your final build? TT? Transmission swap? Other?
Good luck. Not being close to the car will make it hard to push the shops working on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts