Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
MMMM Smells like coolant
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is out of comission for a bit so I decided to do a couple things while its down. I bought some LEDs for my FDash a while back so I decided to put them in. I also had the climate control redone in Leds.

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
damn i always wanted to do this with my car.. but i was thinking red on the meter for my eyes driving at night.

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
thats awesome... i have been wanting to do that with mine forsome time now

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
xrated89 said:
I am in the process of doing my in red : )
ohh.. do share pictures. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
861 Posts
looks good...I've been wanting to do mine...but I have more pressing supra issues right now.:-(

·
Registered
62 Posts
exactly how involved is the process for something like that?

·
Shaq who?
841 Posts
i'm gonna be doing red also, right now I have white face gauges that are supposed to make the background blue or green but I disconnected them so now just a lil bit if the stock lighting shines through and I like it stealthy like that so red should be better then blue

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,476 Posts
i did mine but there dark greeen in stead of light green

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
what size LEDs are the dash lights? I know the climate control is 3mm. Also what lumination did you use? Why is the oil pressure lights so dark?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
i did my gauges all red :) all i did was take out the stock bulbs, take off the little green condoms on the bulbs, and apply a paint on touch up paint. in my case i chose red :) one coat does it. and bing badda boom. u have better looking gauges :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
looks good, now im going to do the same :D...So all you have to do is change out the old stock bulbs and put in the L.E.D's? what size are the ones in the dash?

·
MMMM Smells like coolant
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
The LED replacements I used are from www.superbrightleds.com the bulb sizes are 194 and 74 for the oil pressure light. I believe the keyring is a 78 as well. and I need to trim back the oil pressure light as its a bit to long and doesnt reflect the light as it should. I used the WLED-x5 LED Wedge Base Bulbs. from their main page they have a link to a differant site that lists replacements for most cars. also you dont want to use the W6 bulbs as they have a tendancy to leave hotspots. Hope this helps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts