Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hardtop Crew
6,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If someone says they have a leak from their valve covers due to a clutch slipping would that make any sense? The engine only has 45k and leaks a very little. Is it something to go crazy about? Car isnt driven that much at all and the clutch never has slippd in the summer only winter. I think the boost needs to be turned down

·
Registered
63 Posts
If someone says they have a leak from their valve covers due to a clutch slipping would that make any sense? The engine only has 45k and leaks a very little. Is it something to go crazy about? Car isnt driven that much at all and the clutch never has slippd in the summer only winter. I think the boost needs to be turned down
is it leaking oil? if so i would replace the valve cover seals and I never heard a clutch that slipped causes the valve cover to leak

·
Registered
748 Posts
Valve cover leak definitely cannot be caused by clutch slipping. However, there is a small chance that a valve cover leak could cause clutch slipping. If the oil leak runs down over the tranny bell housing and onto the top of the 6 spd vent covers which are not sealed it is possible the oil could get on the clutch. If it does, the clutch will slip. It's unlikely but possible.

·
Hardtop Crew
6,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats what he was saying i guess^

1 - 4 of 4 Posts