Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Where to now?
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was finally able to meet up with everyone last night after a small local gathering in Verona.

Did a few pulls up against a 2015 Hellcat that has been wanting to race for awhile.

60 roll in 3rd, and he gets the jump, but I can stay there with him. I spin in 3rd and 4th. so it is difficult to try and pull.

80 roll is more or less the same. He just is not able to get quite the jump.

Not really a kill story, but I was surprised I was able to hang with him. I think I am going to look into a traction control system, or possibly adjusting my boost a little to come on smoother. It's already a smooth curve, but I am sure there may be more there.

I am only running a pump gas tune for 93. Stock injectors and a BW S360. Dynoed at 501 to the wheels. For the Hellcat having 700hp, I thought he may have pulled away from me.

Anyone else have any run-ins with a Hellcat?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thanks for the post! I'm building my street supra to be able to hopefully walk hellcat and the new zo6. Knowing that 500whp is about hellcat territory, 600 whp should do the trick.

Did the hellcat have factory tires or real tires? Factory rubber just spins

·
Registered
9,748 Posts
The hellcat may have 700hp but it also weighs as much as a sherman tank....so that negates some of that horsepower. Get some tires and try again.

·
Where to now?
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He put on a new set of 295 Pirelli's just a few weeks ago. He had slight wheel spin, but I know his factory traction control helps a ton.

·
Where to now?
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The hellcat may have 700hp but it also weighs as much as a sherman tank....so that negates some of that horsepower. Get some tires and try again.
Yeah. I'm currently running a set of Continental Contisport Contact's on the rear. 285/35/18. i inherited them from a friend with a vette. Not sure what I want to go with next time.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Time for a fuel system and some more boost.

As far as a tire, I'm a huge fan of Toyo R888s. I don't spin much with mine in 3rd at 850whp.

·
Where to now?
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Time for a fuel system and some more boost.

As far as a tire, I'm a huge fan of Toyo R888s. I don't spin much with mine in 3rd at 850whp.
I have a set of ID1000s that have been sitting on my shelf for over a year. I just need to put them in and be done with it.

I have considered moving up to maybe a S366, but I really like my S360 and the smooth curve I have. I might just wait till I move back to the states.

How are the R888s in the rain? It rains a lot here in northern italy. My current tires are fair at best in the rain.

·
Wheel Fitment Guru
4,073 Posts
You better get at that hellcat before he does a pulley and tune...No chance for you after that on pump gas.

Also, with you having 500rwhp, you're making around 575hp. Compared to the 707hp of the Hellcat. The 1000lbs difference in weight is why the Hellcat is as fast as you are.

R.K.

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
Do you have a dyno graph by chance?

·
Where to now?
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you have a dyno graph by chance?
These are from over a year ago. I have smoothed things out a little bit. Still on stock injectors though as mentioned. Once I get the new ones in, hopefully I can move up a little.

·
Where to now?
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Instead of a traction control system, maybe get a cheaper boost by gear boost controller?
Honestly, I am really considering getting into a ProEFI setup. I have wanted one for a long time, but I just cant justify the cost right now. The AEM v2 works fine for now. Just no traction control. Cold start has its issues some times as well. I won't do anything until I come back to the states though. There is nobody here in Italy that I would trust tuning my car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts