Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cool as Ice
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get a very small, very thin video camera that I can mount in my sun visors and hook up to the screens in them so I don't loose my vanity mirrors ? Has anyone ever seen this done ? It seems really trick and relatively easy.

·
651 Posts
My installation manager has a reverse image, wide angle color camera mounted in his rear trunk key hole. (You know the one in the rear right tail light assembly of the MKIV).

He uses it to record street "encounters".

I think that camera was around $300. I know there is a black and white version for around $200 and some that are not wide angle reverse image for very cheap... around $150 or so. They are built by Accelle electronics.. Oh yea, one more thing... they are waterproof also.

Thomas Kenyon
Custom Sounds
San Antonio, Texas
210-340-4000

·
Cool as Ice
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know the dementions of thoose ? I want it to mount somewhere so I can look at myself on camera, like a mirror, but on TV ya know ? If I'm loosing my vanity mirrors I need something to replace it.

·
651 Posts
Yea, Ya know.. after I posted I read that you were looking for a "vanity" camera.. (that's a first time request on my part!)

Accelle makes some tiny cameras but dimensions I can't provide.

Try and find them on the web... they have tons of video stuff for a fair price.

Thomas Kenyon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts