Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a larger intercooler (24x12x4 core) and my reservoir doesn't exactly fit anymore. I still have the battery up front and don't intend to change that any time soon so I am trying to find a clean looking and "smaller" replacement. Any suggestions?

One I was looking at was the following which is 8 x 3 x 5 but it is heavy as #### (shipping weight 6lbs). I'd love to find a smaller plastic piece that is longer but more shallow like the dimensions of this one.

http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchan...de=CXR&Product_Code=CT-8X5&Category_Code=COTK

·
2Fast4U
1,068 Posts
So I have a larger intercooler (24x12x4 core) and my reservoir doesn't exactly fit anymore. I still have the battery up front and don't intend to change that any time soon so I am trying to find a clean looking and "smaller" replacement. Any suggestions?

One I was looking at was the following which is 8 x 3 x 5 but it is heavy as #### (shipping weight 6lbs). I'd love to find a smaller plastic piece that is longer but more shallow like the dimensions of this one.

http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchan...de=CXR&Product_Code=CT-8X5&Category_Code=COTK
Have the same size intercooler and the stock reservoir fit. Just gotta make it fit.

·
weaksauce, work on it...
659 Posts
24oz can of monster with the twist on lid... safety wire the can to the core support standing up, and run a line from rad overflow to a barb you install on the the twist off lid. done

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Too bad I wrecked my paseo dd years back. I know the paseo and tercel shared a lot of parts so I imagine they might be the same reservoir. None the less the tercel res is about 2 inches shorter but I was hoping for another inch or so to work with. Ill probably finish repositioning the ic this weekend but I can't imagine the stock piece fitting anywhere.

·
not a poopra anymore!
1,095 Posts
monster/redbull cans and such are cool for awhile but get old...way too delicate. effective but not my style. id rather not rep an energy drink on my car, or period for that matter.

heres a thread with some links in it just below this one, someone resurrected it the other day.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?285046-Coolant-reservoir-options

though im always for the junkyard hunt and finding something that blends in/dissapears in the engine bay.

·
Registered
549 Posts
DONT BUY FROM CXRACING! gosh those guys are some assholes and douche bags if I've ever seen one. I'd order from summit. Or like everyone else said... find one from a junkyard. Tercel, paseo, any small toyota should work fine.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
If you were using a pop can it might be hard. But if you were welding up a nice one you could make it work. I don't know if it threads in or what. But it's at the base of the reservoir. I remember once I was driving and the reservoir was near empty. When I took corners the coolant moved to the side from the momentum and the light came on. It is a really annoying light for some reason lol. Or a guy could just take out the bulb in the instument cluster.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts