Supra Forums banner

Smart key, push start with no key

74K views 165 replies 78 participants last post by  Crazyasianr6 
#1 ·
#2 ·
there are threads that have been done on systems like this I am not sure if it was this exact one... but we have seen it and its been done... I am more go than show tho... I might do something like this down the line...

#13 ·
yes, i just installed a viper 791xv i had siting around... so im going to make the two work with each other the viper has a ton of inputs and outputs so im sure i can get it to work. I'm thinking something like walk away and it locks and arms my viper, and when i walk to the car unlock's and turns on the start relay/ push button etc.. I'm just going to play with it and see what it does it might be a pos who knows hahahaha. if anyone ever needs alarm help PM me i work at an audio shop i do them all day in just about everything haha

#15 ·
was waiting for the drespec engineering one, but this looks like a viable substitute if the first one dosent come through.

would definitely appreciate a install guide and review if OP picks it up.

#17 ·
any updates

#19 ·
Just installed my Advancedkeys system a little over a week ago. they say that any proffesional could install it in under an hour. ... it took me and a very knowledgeable keyless entry installer 11 hours to install it. but we spent 2 hours trying to cut the cone screw things that hold the ignition piece in place so it cant be removed for security reasons.(not very car knowledgable yet) but under the steering wheel. couldnt get that off. but after that their system instructions are pretty dead on except for they say to connect their yellow wire to the accesory wire. no bueno. pretty much car will just turn over and never start do to the fact taht the accessory wire cuts off for a split second when you start the car so we just ran it to the power wire to give it a continuous 12volt needed.

I dont know much, but i could after watching and seeing it done on that system. it can be installed in around a hour or 2. Works like a charm though. it works with the stock security alarm for the supras. any more questions just ask. if you want the name of the guy who helped me, his name is Glen Price, he owns Illicit Performance in Palm Springs, CA. has a pretty huge shop full of RX-7's and has done a fair amount of work on supras. Since he helped install mine, he plans on installing it in his mazda miata with an LS1 in it and his mazda rx-7.

#34 ·
Hey!

I bought one of these like 3 Months ago, but I have never got the time to install the damn thing, because it looks so complicated!

Any chance of a Guide of sorts? Also, is there a particular reason you didn't put the Push Start Button where the stock ignition keyhole is?

#22 ·
Thanks for the feed back Crazy... so the only time you use your Key is to unlock the steering wheel if it gets locked for some reason? Also if you need to open the passenger side door, you have to press the door switch correct?

Thanks!

#26 ·
I dont use a key period. in the instructions they tell you to use a shaved key, so i just went down to a local ace hardware or even wal-mart can do it and make a copy of your key just for the purpase of cutting it. then put it in your ignition and turn it off the lock portion, sorry nowhere near a car at this time but the next turn after lock. so your steering wheel will be unlocked always. down side, but upside for all you worried guys, who are afraid of someone steeling your shit, as soon as they somehow get into your car and see just a button there, they are gonna be like ..., because the ignition console is obsolete at this point, and the only way the system works is with the key present.

as for the door, it unlocks both doors as if you just unlocked the car with teh unlock switch. they give you 2 antenna's to place throughout your car. and whether im walking in from teh driver side or passenger side it will unlock both doors.

i have a video that i made, kinda lame, but gonna revamp that shit and advancedkeys wanted me to send them it and use for advertising, i plan to as soon as i make it look more stylish, im gonna dremel the hell out of those screws under the steering wheel to get them out completely so that way i can put the push button in the exact place of the original. and then put in my new dash consoles. i'll either probably do a write up on it here soon without pictures, or do one once i get back from this training evolution im on which ends on teh 22nd of april. all in all the system works awesome, it blows people away the moment they see the shit. the wireless car is about the size length and height of a tic tac can and the width of 2-3 credit cards put together, so it just sits in my wallet.

#27 ·
oh and if anyone does become interested, you should P.M. me your first and last name if you purchased the product, because advancedkeys is giving me a special offer bonus for every person that i help them sell, i guess they think that because of the opportunity it brings them in the tuner world to have a supra represent their product. up to you, im not a sales man or working for them.

#28 ·
Heres the youtube link i just posted of my lame trial version video :) rushed it at the end, wife was coming up to the car and was gonna ruin my 2 minutes of fame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRZtP48PhkU

also ive had the system since november of 2010, it took me a long time to find someone who was willing to work on installing it, im hoping by the time i get home and to my car and get do a write up for how to install this system for dummies helps those willing to try it on their own.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.