Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Under Construction
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I was popping my front main seal, I decided to remove the breather on the catch can. Instead, I put a line going back to the intake pipe. On the dyno, when I would let go of the gas at the end of the runs, I would see a big puff of smoke. I then removed the line going back to the intake and no more smoke at the end of a pull. What is causing this and what do I do? Keep the line or not? I basically have both lines coming from the vave covers to the catch can and another line going from the catch can to the intake pipe where the air filter is. I have seen so many cars with this setup on this forum. Let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Since I was popping my front main seal, I decided to remove the breather on the catch can. Instead, I put a line going back to the intake pipe. On the dyno, when I would let go of the gas at the end of the runs, I would see a big puff of smoke. I then removed the line going back to the intake and no more smoke at the end of a pull. What is causing this and what do I do? Keep the line or not? I basically have both lines coming from the vave covers to the catch can and another line going from the catch can to the intake pipe where the air filter is. I have seen so many cars with this setup on this forum. Let me know. Thanks.
Pete,
How do you know the front main seal was caused by having a breather on the oil catch can? Ive seen so many setups with 2 braided lines from the valve covers to a can & breather without this problem.

Chris.

·
Under Construction
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pete,
How do you know the front main seal was caused by having a breather on the oil catch can? Ive seen so many setups with 2 braided lines from the valve covers to a can & breather without this problem.

Chris.
I never said having a breather on the catch can caused the FMS to leak. Running a line from the catch can to the intake is supposed to help this issue though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts