Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2JZ swapped!
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed my car starting to push out smoke only every once and a while. It doesn't smoke on start up ever. So valve stem seals don't look to be the issue. Doesn't smoke under accel, boost, or decel. But every once and a while when I'm sitting at a light and once I start to let the clutch out it pushes a puff of smoke out the back. This isn't replicatable. Sound like the twins are on their way out? Btw only mods are a turboback exhaust, mbc(17-18psi), and bov. Ohh I put the car in ttc a weeks before the exhaust and mbc.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
I would say its your valve stem seals over the turbo seals. Although both are culprits for many people. If you aren't seeing any smoke during boost or decel right after boost. And only see it once in a while after sitting at a light then going. Id call valve stem seals any day

·
The Great Kruso
3,875 Posts
Check your intercooler for excessive oil buildup, it could potentially be your turbos on their way out. Are you sure this isn't the kind of smoke that's noticed from leaking oil onto the exhaust somewhere?

·
2JZ swapped!
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Wow had no idea anyone replied to my thread. Didn't get an email.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.