Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Smoke from exhaust while in boost ????

To start off I drive a 95 TT converted to a BL gts71mm kit, fuels system, FMIC, BL built auto, etc... I got pulled over today doing just one run to 100 from 55. Now the cop already had someone pulled over and could just hear me and when I saw his lights I slowed down and he pointed at me to pull over. I immediately turned my car off and since he did not have radar on me he estimated me going 75 but had to let me go. I started the car and left, at the first light it stalled (but that has happened before, I have HKS 280 cams, I need to get it tuned) I got it started no problem and got into boost (10psi maybe) becasue I had people behind me I noticed my car letting out some smoke from the exhaust and it happened again when I got into town and gunned it to beat a long yellow light. Could the smoke be from me turing off the car after being in boost and not letting it idle for a minute????? The car is tuned for the 280 but I just bought the car and brought it up to NY from VA and just wanted to get a fresh tune given the different temps and whatnot. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

· Registered
11,198 Posts
i doubt that it was from turning the car off without letting the turbo cool down first. the only reason why people do that is to prevent what is called "coking" of the turbo which is simply a buildup of oil sludge collecting in the bearing area which prevents oil from moving throught the area properly. shutting the car down before letting cooler oil flow through the turbo, wont make anything smoke. but good luck tracking it down.

· Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info, I think that seal or a line went because its BAD now... oil ALL over the engine bay. I ahve another thread. I'm just having it towed to a shop in Buffalo NY (Innovative tuning) and have them deal with it becasue I am also having them put in a TRD LSD and 2 B&M tranny coolers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.