Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I let the car idle for 15 minutes or so and get in it to drive off or just rev it up to about 3000 rpms it smokes like CRAZY. It will do it for about 15 seconds, maybe not even that long just enough to clear out. The smoke is normally blue but sometimes has a hint of gray. I think it is my turbo seals but not real positive. It will also smoke just a little while driving but not all the time. I took the upper intercooler pipes off to check how much oil is in them and I personally think there is too much, but how much is there uppose to be? What is this?

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
HMM, did u try the nicotene patches, i heard they work great lol, anyways the car might be runnin real rich it seems like. any fuel upgrades ?

C

·
0 Posts
My car is doing the same thing. Blue smoke is usually oil. My turbo has leaky valves, thats what your situation sounds like to me

·
Registered
187 Posts
it is your valve seals. Valve seals leak at two different times... they leak while sitting for a long time, and they leak at idle. If you havent done a head gasget yet, just start planning on a head gasget job, and have valve seals put in when you have your head decked.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No fuel upgrades just Blitz exhaust, k&n intake, and bic ddp. I do beleive the valve stem seals need replaced, but I didn't think it would cause that much smoking.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
take your DP off and see if there is a lot of oil from the turbo there. take the accordian hose off and see if there is a lot of oil on the blades.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Spoolme said:
take your DP off and see if there is a lot of oil from the turbo there. take the accordian hose off and see if there is a lot of oil on the blades.

^^Exactly^^ do that and see what you get!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts