Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last weekend i managed to replace Flapper style afm (My car is 1/2NA-T <-- i hate this word) with Bosch hot wire MAF.
MAF diameter is 75mm and it's from a new diesel car.

At first i tried MAP-sensor, it worked but i didn't get it tuned enough well, there was some problems with lower rpm values.

With MAF and SMT6 car works great, engine behaviour is very smooth and throttle response is more quickly than ever before.

Here is a couple of crappy (camera phone) pics of MAF setup

·
RIP 86.5 N/A, Hello 90T
2,293 Posts
Damn man, Your car has come a LONG way since the last time I saw it. Looks amazing. Great f'in work. I can't believe how far it's come. Great job.

·
vvti. what
831 Posts
looks great, what turbo is that??

whats involved with the smt6??? cuz im planning out my na-t and was thinkin MAPecu but will this be better???

·
1/2 Na-T Project
987 Posts
FrozenOne said:
Last weekend i managed to replace Flapper style afm (My car is 1/2NA-T <-- i hate this word) with Bosch hot wire MAF.
MAF diameter is 75mm and it's from a new diesel car.

At first i tried MAP-sensor, it worked but i didn't get it tuned enough well, there was some problems with lower rpm values.

With MAF and SMT6 car works great, engine behaviour is very smooth and throttle response is more quickly than ever before.

Here is a couple of crappy (camera phone) pics of MAF setup

Post some good pics so all us guys who did do the infamous "1/2 Na-t" can see your setup. Looks good from what I can see considering I have been up all night drinking.

BTW: Do you have a ffi?

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Iceberg319 said:
is it possible to run the maf after the turbo jus like the turbo guys do with maft to run a vented bov?
I think it's possible, volume of air is same.
I have been running vented bov with afm almost two years, works ok, sometimes little backfire but i just like it :)

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
thats awesome!! i'm going SMT6 very shortly as well. I'm gonna try the MAP route too

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Remember that Toyota AFM reads 0-5V the wrong way than normal AFM's (and the SMT6)and you need to build a convertor that changes the volt reading from 5->0V and 0->5V. FrozenOne can explain a little better what he did to make it work.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,222 Posts
thats one hell of a sweet setup you got!

Thats pretty cool for a NA-T too bad the 7mGTE has a gay AFM with HZ signal... so much harder to play with.

·
Powerful Jedi.....
474 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts