Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Oh What A Feeling !!!
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I've been patiently waiting for the Bomex Kit to arrive and it finally came in today. When you look at it....it looks good but the durability of the kit is crap. The plastic garbage can in my kitchen is more durable than this kit. I would of paid the extra 200 for the real quality Bomex kit before they dropped down the prices....but oh well I just hope it fits okay. Also it didnt come with anything just the parts itself....Does it bolt right up? But I just wanted to let you know that the money and the wait is so not worth it :rant:

B

·
0 Posts
What kit did you buy?

Reading into your comment it sounds like you did not buy authentic bomex.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
I would of paid the extra 200 for the real quality Bomex kit..

what do you mean by that then. kinda throws people off...

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,147 Posts
Yes its known especially form MVP that the quality of bomex kits now is SHIT. they are made in taiwan to compete against the replicas but are made with very shitty marterials now.

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,078 Posts
Ahhh I know it sucks to have to work on new parts, but if it were me, I would go to Pep Boys or similar, pick up a few Fiberglass Kits, and then just reinforce the back sides of them. It'll stiffen them and won't effect the finish.

·
Stock Boost SUX
1,660 Posts
njsupramk3t said:
Thats a good idea.
Hell yea it is.

I got an authentic Bomex front bumper, seems strong to me. But I never saw em before the price drop. I planned to reinforce it anyway.

BTW - I didnt get any installation hardware or instructions either. The installation kit is another $50 and Ive seen it, its worthless. I'm making my own kit.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
One of the big differences when they switched to manufacturing in Taiwan was how they make their kits. They went from hand laying it to spraying it in a mold. This makes a huge difference with durability and strength.

The big complaint about Bomex before was they took too long to make everything (8-12 weeks usually). Then when they switched they said they were cutting some corners to make production faster. Well they cut A LOT of corners, moved it to Taiwan and now you probably got 5 year olds makin 4.50 a day out there making your kit.

And yes there should have been some type of hardware kit with it. But good luck getting that from them.

Moral to the Story: Bomex Sucks

B

·
0 Posts
What really sucks is that they have one of the best designed (looking) products, it looks like the car should have come that way. most other kits I find try to get to stylish or rice.

I have said I would by real bomex, but with their quality issues, maybe someone needs to make a nock off out quality materials and molds, the extra money is secondary for many of us this point with our cars.

·
Oh What A Feeling !!!
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Trent said:
One of the big differences when they switched to manufacturing in Taiwan was how they make their kits. They went from hand laying it to spraying it in a mold. This makes a huge difference with durability and strength.

The big complaint about Bomex before was they took too long to make everything (8-12 weeks usually). Then when they switched they said they were cutting some corners to make production faster. Well they cut A LOT of corners, moved it to Taiwan and now you probably got 5 year olds makin 4.50 a day out there making your kit.

And yes there should have been some type of hardware kit with it. But good luck getting that from them.

Moral to the Story: Bomex Sucks
Is the hardware kit important? I'm gonna have it installled at a body shop.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts