Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.....

Where is everyone at with there setups...

Jblaze - whats taking so long
NYCress - wtf dude that 2jz swap taking years!!
Performance - what ever happend to the dyno.
JZA - how about a dyno at the same boost that you had before the cams? (pretty please)

for everyone else, what's new on the adjenda this year???? Not that I wanted to miss anyone just that the 4 above i really wanted to know how their setups went....

As for me I sold the twin turbo sard kit after the 1jz nuked from spitting the shim on my cam GB (got lazy about shimming after swapping cams 50billion times)

In the UK waiting to start work on my mk3 to put a 2jz with a 67 single in and AEM along with all the supporting mods, meth, 4", fuel, and nitrous...

Aiming for 500 on 94 (easily done i hope)
600 on meth
700 on race gas
Nitrous for well the them times when... you just need a little more.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'd like to know as well??? I need some more motivation to finish my project:(

·
Newbe....I know nothing!
1,853 Posts
I'm still busy blowing my engine up......... :hay:

Jeremy

·
Local Tire Destroyer
1,008 Posts
I just finished moving to a diff. house, must unpack and then drop the engine in, looking for a good turbo kit and ecu and my rims show up in 3 weeks

·
Registered
586 Posts
Zazz... I remember u asked about my car a while back also.

Well... when I eff'ed up my motor, I went from BPU 1J to... well... cammed, single, standalone'd 1.5JZ al in 1 shot. :) Still dont have a dyno yet tho. lol

So theres my update!

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
i went from Auto 89 7mgte intake & cat back to purchasing a ton of shit for a 1J swap. This isn't complete but you will see when my thread jumps.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
I'm blingifiying my 2jz car (paint interior work) before I go single, so twins for a while..

Putting back together my 1jz car with spare parts.. maybe 1.5jz w/ my old 67 (so i have toget a 71+ for my 2jz :D )

·
HMOOB VWJ NYOB MINNESOTA
1,352 Posts
There have been a few changes in my setup.

Just added during the winter:

- up from 550cc to 800cc injectors
- up IC pipes from 2.5 to 3"
- up turbo from 66mm to 71mm
- up from 1 walbro fuel pump to 2
- up from stock fuel line to 8 an
- modified stock fuel rail to dual feed
- up from 3" exhaust to 4"
- up from 3 bar map to 4 bar (i'm going to see what happen at 35-40 psi real soon):1poke: :nuts: :eek: :wtf: :scratch: :bigok:

·
supra love
463 Posts
well standalone is tricky for someone who has had no experience. lets just say guessing cold start settings isn't all that fun, especially with 95# injectors and tons of other variables. i'll figure it out soon enough though.

i had it running though on a rich tune (sc61 @ 10 psi) after the crower 272 install and it pulled pretty good (probably low 13's/high 12's). once i get a clutch i'm going to up the boost to about 20 and then paint the car and have fun. this summer i want to play around on the microtech and see how good i can get with tuning to squeeze out extra power. might as well just play with what i got for once instead of buying more :)

most likely no more engine mods for a while, i'll probably get a rear sway bar, might get an 8pt with seats and harnesses since it's not a DD anymore. which brings me to my next purchase, a daily driver :biggrin:

dyno coming around june sometime along with paint!

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im putting the car back together. stock twins for now...
why what happend, you had a sick 1jz with all the gubblins, did you blow it up?
be honest..

Jer - thats why i give you moral support!

Garage - pics man pics...

881j - what single?

Tissmo - get an 12 first! or was it 11 you where trying to hit ;) but man you gotta come to the toronto meet!

JZA- lets see the fuel rail i was trying to figure how to make it a dual feed.... I've pretty much got the same setup as you but a 67... and a lil bigger injectors... dual walbro, -8 form the tank...

jizake - that sounds good man how you liking the spool?

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
Tissmo - get an 12 first! or was it 11 you where trying to hit ;) but man you gotta come to the toronto meet!
lol yea 12s is a goal on wastegate and street tires.. and 11s with 18 psi and radials.. just gotta work on that driver mod..

toronto is a bit far!! lol..

·
Got Cat??
338 Posts
Got to order stand-alone. I got the money but no time. Plus the weather in Brooklyn in horrible. Also getting married in 2weeks. If the car is not out by June I will be parting her out!!

·
Got 2JZ MkIII???
244 Posts
Plans for this year (maybe leading into next) are:

• Exhaust mods (just to my dump pipe and cat)
  • Cooler piping all redone and moving bov to intake side
  • Installing a second walbro fuel pump if needed
  • Removing stock twins and going single (either T04z or GT35r)
  • Having my valve body modified with 1.5 stage shift kit with 2800rpm stally
  • Blinging my bay a little painting up the plug cover and polishing some parts up
  • Respray and modding my front to stiffen it up (at speed i get chatter from it tapping on my cooler pipes)
  • Got some Veilside Andrew racing V rims with heaps of dish (and wide rears)

Thats all for now...the single may not happen though as i'm engaged so money needs to go elsewhere :)

just had my car dyno'd at a club event too (not bad figure on 12psi and issues with boost leaks) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAXjmgMZlMY

·
supra love
463 Posts
jizake - that sounds good man how you liking the spool?

well i'm not one of the experienced ones when it comes to turbos, or cars for that matter. i actually didn't know what an intake was about 3 years ago :eek: i just keep figuring stuff out as i go along. so this really is the first "big turbo" that i've felt. BUT... from what i've felt i like!!! and i'm sure with more time into the tuning it would be even better.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Good thread. I need to get moving here on something.

I'm not sure what I want. But I think fast is in the descirption somewhere and a 3800lb chassis just isn't doing it for me anymore. Well see. My goal is to hit a low to mid 11 in full street trim on DR's in the supra and then move on to something with some less weight and a jz motor.

So I'll get back out to the track run a better time and then change a few things around.

We should get a track thread or something going in here to keep people motivated to get to the track. Or each of us set a personal goal and we can post our time slips until we have reached our goal.

·
Where does it end?
796 Posts
2j mkIII

I'm in NC for 5 days and I should be able to pick my car up next weekend.

As far as what's on the adjenda take to the track with current setup.
Purchase/Install

HKS 264/264
Boost Logic Crank Dampner
Boost Logic Tensior Bracket
4 inch Exhaust

Thinking about getting on the bottle! I have no Idea why but just thinking.

I'm so done with it after these purchases.

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
After a 7 month wait on Sound Performance, and moving I finally have had time to work on my single swap. Its supposedly a pt61gtq, 1st one ever made from PT. Along with that I have swapped in crower 272s, and 550s. Just waiting on some flanges to make the rest of the exhaust that Sp fucked up. Should be a couple of weeks until i have dyno #s. No idea what to expect, but hoping for close to 500.

~scott

1 - 20 of 36 Posts