Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe it, I'm almost done with my 1jz swap!!! After a whole year of headaches and setbacks. Finally got my harness from Mike U and it is a work of art. That was the final piece I needed. Should have it running by the end of the week!!!

Sorry for the pointless post but after busting my ass all weekend I felt I needed to share my joy. This car has been down for a little over two years. Now after a year of putting together a "badass" 7m and another year of 1jz nigthmares its finally going to happen. Oh yeah the car started out as an NA automatic.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey congrats bro i hope everything works out for yeah ;)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At this point all I need to do is basically wire up my fans, install radiator, fab up some temp intercooler piping, and reinstall some dash pieces (mainly the gauge cluster as I swaped tachs). Oh yeah I still need to hang my clutch and brake pedals. That will basically get me mobile.

I still need to finish polishing the lips on the used Blitz wheels I scored. Also will get them clear powder coated to preserve my work. Have some body kit stuff to install. Need to wire up my Blitz EGT gauge and boost gauge. Also going to change my springs again. Currently have a set of Espiler down springs on Koni adjusts that I will be swaping out for RSR's. Keeping the Koni's but seriously looking at JIC coilovers. Also have an ARC front swaybar with heim type links. Ordered an adjustable Whiteline bar for the rear. Need to install my other Sparco Torino. I guess most of this stuff is just fluff and bling except for the suspension stuff so...

When a project takes this long you go through quite a few changes in opinion on things. This is my second set of wheels so far and actually never installed either set.

Hopefully by the end of the winter I will have a couple of GT28's and some serious boost action cooking my rear tires.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh yeah I also installed an OS Giken twin disk. Any of you guys ever experienced a dual disc clutch? Wondering if it will be tolerable. Both discs are sprung hub and the lining material looks pretty mellow. Hopefully I don't hate my clutch set up.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did swap subframes. That was huge pain in the ass. I ended up doing it by myself at my work on a sunday. Somhow I managed to balance the crossmember on my head while I started a bolt. That plus the disassembly of two front clips were probably the most physically challenging aspects of the swap.

Dealing with half cars on palets is not fun. On the first clip I spent two hours getting it off its borken pallet and onto a lift. The second I tore down in the shop parking lot, sawzalls are quite handy.

Never have I put more effort into a car build up. Practically the whole car has been torn apart along with half a Soarer and half a JZA70.

I have dreams at night about driving my car...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts