Supra Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Don't do it. First off, you'll bias the front differently. The OEM TT calipers are a matched set, engineered for the perfect front/rear bias. And they are already 4-piston. I run OEM TT calipers, Carbotech XP10 pads (front and rear), Centric Premium solid rotors, stainless steel brake lines, and Castrol SRF racing brake fluid. My car stops with the hand of god, and it's "full interior", including custom subwoofer enclosure. I cannot imagine any "better" braking performance than what I have. With this setup, braking technique (non-optimal) is the only thing that can make braking performance suffer. How would you describe/characterize your braking technique?

Spend your money on the nut behind the wheel first.
Hey, any chance you have that part number for the brake rotors? I noticed a few different ones on RockAuto from centric.

Are the Carbotech good on the street? Their website says not to use it for anything but track use.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,432 Posts
Hey, any chance you have that part number for the brake rotors? I noticed a few different ones on RockAuto from centric.
For a TT MkIV Supra:
  • Centric 120.44103 (Premium Brake Rotor), Front Left
  • Centric 120.44104 (Premium Brake Rotor), Front Right
  • Centric 120.44105 (Premium Brake Rotor), Rear (both sides identical)
Are the Carbotech good on the street? Their website says not to use it for anything but track use.
They have to say that..."off highway use only". The Carbotech XP10 pads are fine on the street. I don't swap them out between track weekends and street driving. They are dustier than stock, so they'll get your wheels dirty faster, especially the fronts.

Reactions: Mark 2JZ

·
i recorded mark7m001.mp3
2,093 Posts
I second what was said above about XP10’s on the street. they’re fine to use, dust a lot, just may not be ideal for everyday use only since you wearing out pad life that you could save for track.

that being said I’ve used them on the street and noticed no negatives other than heavy dust.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I second what was said above about XP10’s on the street. they’re fine to use, dust a lot, just may not be ideal for everyday use only since you wearing out pad life that you could save for track.

that being said I’ve used them on the street and noticed no negatives other than heavy dust.
For a TT MkIV Supra:
  • Centric 120.44103 (Premium Brake Rotor), Front Left
  • Centric 120.44104 (Premium Brake Rotor), Front Right
  • Centric 120.44105 (Premium Brake Rotor), Rear (both sides identical)

They have to say that..."off highway use only". The Carbotech XP10 pads are fine on the street. I don't swap them out between track weekends and street driving. They are dustier than stock, so they'll get your wheels dirty faster, especially the fronts.

Thank you guys. I am guessing EBC/Hawk pads then since I would do more recreational street driving than road course.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,432 Posts
I would do more recreational street driving than road course.
Stock pads then. Buy a set of XP10s to swap into if you go on the road course. You are not going to exceed the temperature range of stock pads on the street, unless you are Ken Block. Stock pads are 1/4 the price of good track pads, and no dust.

The ONLY reason I went from stock pads to XP10s is because my braking intensity & frequency on the track got so high that I was exceeding the temperature range of the stock pads and they were wearing down to the backing plates in one weekend.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Stock pads then. Buy a set of XP10s to swap into if you go on the road course. You are not going to exceed the temperature range of stock pads on the street, unless you are Ken Block. Stock pads are 1/4 the price of good track pads, and no dust.

The ONLY reason I went from stock pads to XP10s is because my braking intensity & frequency on the track got so high that I was exceeding the temperature range of the stock pads and they were wearing down to the backing plates in one weekend.
Oh okay. Thank you good sir.

PM your way as well.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts