Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this car, http://inductionweb.com/supra4sale/ and LOVE it, but I was wondering if there is anything I special I should know. What are the Supra tips and tricks? I'm a former Mustang guy, and have owned a 1000rwhp DOHC Cobra (I built it from a totally stock vehicle), so I'm not an automotive idiot, just a Supra idiot... :rolleyes: Would some of you veterans check out the specs and mods and let me know what she's missing, it's obvious that it needs an intercooler, which should I buy though? Anything else that you think it should have?

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
by the way... that looks like a VERY nice car. looks very clean. :bigok:

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, and the car is unbelievably clean... It's been Zaino'd many times and the interior looks newer than any Supra I've ever seen. It really is a flawless 12yr old car.

·
what comes out the butt?
4,469 Posts
Justin187 said:
Nice buy, If you get tired of bpu and would like to see some high rwhp supras and their set-ups, check out...

www.to4r.com
his car is single dude

wow,....you dont see to many single cars still on the stock sidemount anymore, quick would be proud, lol...

-mike

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What do you mean, quick would be proud :dunno: ? It is a single turbo'd car, not BPU... It runs very nice for being on the stock I/C, low boost of course. I think the Greddy will be my 1st order.

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
I would get a transmission cooler even before the intercooler! That tranny won't hold up for long without (and possibly with one).

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
I saw the car for sale a while back. It's a great looking car.

I would def. get a built transmission from Boostlogic or Sound Performance as the first mod. With a torque convertor the car will be awesome to drive with almost no lag on the 58 and the built tranny will hold all the power and then some.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Car looks awesome, I dont think Ive ever seen an MSB Supra with the 97-98 headlights. Makes the car look MUCH better.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
very clean car. This is what i would do if I just bought it.

1. Enjoy driving it and learning the power curve at its current boost level.
2. Put a Intercooler on. Greddy or it seems the Ebay I/Cs are doing well at a big cost savings.
3. Get a Built tranny and tranny coolers.
4. Get a fuel system to really give you the option of more boost.

Nice car and welcome.

·
2jz powered
1,649 Posts
car looks very clean. nice buy

·
Registered
82 Posts
InTheRed said:
I'll look into that (tranny cooler) too... Is there a good kit out there?
Not really, but if you go with a front mount intercooler, you have space in the pass. side front brake duct. I went to Pep-Boys and bought a Hayden 678 tranny cooler that is the stacked plate design and they work very well. I made a mount out of angled aluminum and it hangs right where the stock side-mount intercooler was at. It seems to work pretty well there, but I may add another one to the driver's side in the near future also to help with a larger stall converter.

·
what comes out the butt?
4,469 Posts
InTheRed said:
What do you mean, quick would be proud :dunno: ? It is a single turbo'd car, not BPU... It runs very nice for being on the stock I/C, low boost of course. I think the Greddy will be my 1st order.
Quick is a Super Mod here on the forums who is a die hard road racer..and a fan of the best possible cooling, hence using a stock side mount, or a sidemount period...

IE: if he saw your car hed be proud ;) it wasnt an insult but rather a compliment:)

-mike

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
InTheRed said:
I'll look into that (tranny cooler) too... Is there a good kit out there?
If I remember correctly people use the B&M one that can be bought from Summit Racing. If you go to the FAQ section, there should be a writeup from Ryan (RSA Supra) who is a moderator and has a auto as well. He has a pretty good writeup regarding the auto tranny.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts