Supra Forums banner

201 - 206 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Stopped by an alignment shop and they laughed and said come back after new ball joints, end links, and maybe even upper control arm bushings, and that’s just the front lol. Not entirely unexpected and they tried to sell me the labor and I obviously declined and ordered the stuff from rockauto
Also take a few minutes to make sure all of your alignment bolts turn freely and the tabs on the subframe that provide the adjustment on the eccentric washers aren't bent out of shape.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
Also take a few minutes to make sure all of your alignment bolts turn freely and the tabs on the subframe that provide the adjustment on the eccentric washers aren't bent out of shape.
Thanks @Captain will do. I get it the rubber is shot and needs to be replaced. I haven’t really encountered any type of frame or suspension corrosion oxidation and so on but it looks like I get to turn every bolt.

·
Registered
1987 Supra Turbo R154 Pearl White, Blue Velour
242 Posts
I completely changed my steering rack and links in October. The ends I got from Driftmotion.

I've learned a lot about these cars from an alignment perspective, including not every shop out there can align them correctly. I had mine done at my local Just Tires (Goodyear) that I've had my 4Runner and 330ci serviced at for years without problems. The Supra however they had a hard time with.

I took it a few days later to another Just Tires location, and that tech seemed to have done a MUCH better job. The car felt totally different.

I have a clunking in the right rear that might be bushings, but otherwise things "seem" ok.

Driftmotion is local to me, about 45 minutes away, so I'm partial to them on some things. Any parts you need I would check here first and then compare and contrast to Rock Auto/Autozone/NAPA all that. They also sell Toyota factory parts and that makes it easy to get specific things, like the accordion hose.

Here are their ball joints for the MK3

I also ordered and installed the whole cooling system hose system, and used their blue clamps which seem really well made. (y)

·
Registered
1987 Supra Turbo R154 Pearl White, Blue Velour
242 Posts
Warning Browsing the Driftmotion site can lead to hours lost of your life as well as dollars removed from your bank account as you breathlessly imagine rebuilding each part of your car from scratch. :ROFLMAO:

Don't let your wife catch you on this one! haha

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
Warning Browsing the Driftmotion site can lead to hours lost of your life as well as dollars removed from your bank account as you breathlessly imagine rebuilding each part of your car from scratch. :ROFLMAO:

Don't let your wife catch you on this one! haha
Yeah no shit hours of lost time and shopping carts overflowing with goodies

201 - 206 of 206 Posts