Supra Forums banner

461 - 480 of 540 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #461
Vac routing is fine, cylinders 2 & 4 really very much appreciate having the spark plug boot seated

My rough idle is the non recirculating BOV confirmed with hand over BOV. Really simple to confirm currently.

ISO/WTB the inverse of this connector:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #463
Hey cool! Let me know how much shipping is and I'll go for it. I found a couple on eBay but had yet to order. I'll PM you my shipping address - thanks bud.
@Le Skid I actually accidentally ordered these 3x. I'm returning the sets I ordered extra via eBay because I don't care much for the China quality. The set I ordered from my local Advance Auto parts I'm keeping. Higher OEM quality IMHO.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #464
View attachment 255470

I seriously need help ID-ing this connector. It's the connector that should connect to the engine harness for the coil packs. Yotaconnectors still legit and selling connectors? The inverse of this is male or female (I forget) and it would be part of the main engine harness.....

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #466

·
Registered
1987 Toyota Supra
363 Posts
Yup.
I would suggest de-pinning your current connector and inspect the wires for any signs of corrosion behind the seals.
If everything is fine you could just snap the old terminals into the new housing.
Or swap out everything. That's what I would do.
Get yourself a proper open barrel crimping tool though.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Tieing that BOV vacuum line into that hard line that used to connect to the 3000 pipe, the one in the video I’m capping off with my thumb, what’re is that vacuum coming from? I followed into what I thought was throttle body but nope it leads down into the motor between the injectors so I’m not pulling vacuum from like the crankcase or something right now
That line runs to the metal vacuum line boondoggle under the intake manifold (red circle) and ultimately connects to the elbow on the front of the intake manifold (blue circle). It's also the proper place to attach the BOV vacuum line to.

please tell me I’m not that dumb with turbos.

My rough idle is the non recirculating BOV confirmed with hand over BOV.
Can be fixed by adding a small shim to the internal BOV spring, or properly fixed by installing the recirculating fitting. I've done both, and with the shimming you have to be careful no to shim too much.

I seriously need help ID-ing this connector. It's the connector that should connect to the engine harness for the coil packs.
It's the connector for the coil packs and CPS.

I have the Toyota and Sumitomo part numbers for that connector at home, but they use the same exact terminals as every other MT 090 series sealed connector.

It's just an MT-4P Sumitomo connector.
The keying on the standard 4p connectors is different than the keying on the CPS/coil pack connectors. Found that one out the hard way. Compare the center key to the one pham posted.
The standard 4p:

·
Registered
1987 Toyota Supra
363 Posts
Yup I've noticed some slight differences with the center tabs as well.
I found some other sources for those connectors as well with removable center tabs that can be modified to suit.

Either way is all very basic stuff.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #471
All I know is the current setup is building boost at 2k RPMs and I've loving it minus the issue with not recirculating the BOV.
My coil packs being crimp butt-spliced into the engine harness is a real deal breaker for me though. I have to do something about it.
I'm pretty happy with the left side of the motor on the turbo, intake, and exhaust side of things. Need to work my way down to the injectors and fuel rail.

·
Registered
1987 Toyota Supra
363 Posts
Ah yup, probably good to eliminate all those splice connectors then.
I try and swap out all the connectors I am working on during unrelated repairs too.
Even if it's "working" most of these old connectors are very very old and I find a lot of corrosion on wires.
I've swapped out most all of the under hood connectors now, makes a big difference with signal stability and reliability now.
I've not run into any flaky under hood connections now for awhile ands it's very nice!

Eastern beaver, corsa technic, cycle terminal carry most of our Sumitomo style connectors for really not much $.
MT-090, HM-090, DS-250, Amp Jr Power Timer ect....
Yazaki & Sumitomo

Reactions: pham

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #474
Ordered wiper cowl from RetroSpec 🤦‍♀️

That’s not a wiper cowl @te72 cross post more 🤦🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
923 Posts
Couple quick thoughts

1. Car uses a afm and a recirculating valve stock. When you hear that whoosh now .... All that air escaping went through the afm. So you injectors are dumping hella fuel and prob stalling out or very close

2. A bov can absolutely leak air under high vac. This pulls it open during cruise, depending on bov and spring tension. This can cause a major lean issue OR cause tccs to compensate and fuck the fuel trim up because you have unmetered air coming in.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #478
This how things are currently waiting on the recirculating fitting I ordered from Mars.

car feels strong want to dyno it in current state

·
Registered
1987 Toyota Supra
363 Posts
Wait what? You ordered a cowling and they sent you a radiator block off? WTF?

·
Super Moderator
10,544 Posts
461 - 480 of 540 Posts