Supra Forums banner

41 - 60 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Last try @Captain we just received this monstrosity at work, surely you can box up a little muffler lol
I deal with heavy freight mainly. I've got a crate big enough to stuff an entire MK3 in just kinda wedged in a corner, lookin lonely. My dumbass just threw out the perfect box for this a week ago too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Absolutely if the price is right. The fact you joined the forum 6 days ago and this is your first post is somewhat scary though when it comes to transacting with you over the internet.
I'm not sure I understand why you are concerned because I'm a new member of the forum. I'm a very reliable older gentleman who just recently learned about the Supra forum..
The price for all six pieces (4 seats/backs and 2 headrests) of the never-used blue upholstery for a '91 Toyota Supra is $375.

I look forward to your response.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I'm not sure I understand why you are concerned because I'm a new member of the forum. I'm a very reliable older gentleman who just recently learned about the Supra forum..
The price for all six pieces (4 seats/backs and 2 headrests) of the never-used blue upholstery for a '91 Toyota Supra is $375.

I look forward to your response.
My personal opinion is that only reliable indicator of trust on the internet is time. And by time I mean how long has your identity existed without you pulling a scam. Perform enough transactions on the internet especially where irreversible transactions are concerned and you’ll run into a scam. So my personal standpoint defaults to non-trust.

All that aside, the price is unbelievable wow! Take pictures and attach them please. Verification always helps.

I too look forward to your response sir.

·
Registered
702 Posts
"Im a reliable older gentleman"...yup right up until you send that money over then Im a motherfucking ghost haha. first post gtfoh of course it reeks like a nigerian prince scam buddy.

real life has taught me over and over that when someone says "hey you can trust me man" (or "Im a nice guy" etc) that is generally, 99% of the time, not the case....in a situation where that person is trying to sell you something

·
Registered
4 Posts
I understand being cautious. I just joined because I am cleaning out my garage and found these still packaged up from 1991. Here is a photo of all nine pieces- my initial memory was incorrect. There are two back seat seat backs, one full back seat seat, two front seat backs, two front seat seats, and two front headrests. I have more pictures, including pictures of the backsides and insides of all pieces. I had to wait until I had help to take these pictures and get them on my computer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Absolutely if the price is right. The fact you joined the forum 6 days ago and this is your first post is somewhat scary though when it comes to transacting with you over the internet.
I tried replying but I am not sure I did it right. There are nine pieces total- my initial memory was incorrect. I do have more photos including the undersides of all pieces.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I tried replying but I am not sure I did it right. There are nine pieces total- my initial memory was incorrect. I do have more photos including the undersides of all pieces.
View attachment 248739
Thanks Ira, you did great! My wife has grounded me from buying any more parts for this car currently. I'm going to have to pass on this amazing opportunity :(
Thanks so much for your hard work and effort, sir. I wish you nothing but success in your future endeavors, maybe someone else can gain from my loss.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Thanks @te72 Brad, everyone, super helpful. RE: @$9ktt I would have said GIMP’d but idk if everyone is super nerdy like me. Last try @Captain we just received this monstrosity at work, surely you can box up a little muffler lol
View attachment 248708
I've worked in shipping for years, can't say I've seen too many boxes that large, so I'm intrigued. Usually stuff that big comes on pallets or in crates where I've worked... What IS that thing? Also, is it multiple boxes wrapped together, or are the four (six?) strips running across the length just there for support?

I deal with heavy freight mainly. I've got a crate big enough to stuff an entire MK3 in just kinda wedged in a corner, lookin lonely. My dumbass just threw out the perfect box for this a week ago too.
Heh, that's pretty much rule number one in shipping bud, you'll never need a box until you've thrown it out. :p

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Targa seals are all done and any rust has been touched up and wet sanded. When I was changing spark plugs I noticed some butt splices on the coil wire harness, so I picked up a spare from a Facebook part out:

Found all the rear wiper parts, that was difficult

drift motion parts, speedo cable, etc

@Supra_Spooler hooked up the radiator
98F8CEDC-1240-48B9-99BE-8F734573F220.jpeg

@Captain is amazing

More of the interior is coming together

radio options

Oh and I picked this up, ummm , just in case lol

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
@Supra_Spooler radiator got installed today, there were some issues like stripped bolts to drill out on the old radiator but I have some drill bits and such. Once you get covered in oil and antifreeze, pictures are a pain in the ass:

Video here
I also picked up an OEM battery hold down!
Fun times!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Someone took good care of it, that’s for sure. I’ve got it up on jack stands right in the hope that the exhaust will show up soon. I started making an attempt at masking off the tires and touching up the wheels with factory paint but it’s nearly impossible to not get overspray on the tires, so I might be rolling on different wheels for a bit while I get the OEM ones dismounted.

radiator seems to work great thanks @Supra_Spooler

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
911 Help I need assistance identifying a connector:

this is the radio, which has zero slack

Antennae I know

please help idk what the two pin connector harness goes to. Did I forget something behind the dash? Everything in the dash functions as far as I can tell except the radio, which I’m working on now. Well that and the instrument cluster to check speedo cable 🤪🤪🤪

41 - 60 of 108 Posts