Supra Forums banner

81 - 100 of 108 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #81
Amp came in via FleaBay a little while ago, plugged everything up but nothing from factory headunit... haven鈥檛 verified the amp is putting out power yet. If this amp is putting out power then I鈥檒l be hunting a factory HU 馃槀

@Captain I鈥檓 definitely going to have to source a downpipe or sawzall what I have and weld on a flange lol.

RE @Ira Gewant and seat covers, fingers crossed

Registered
Discussion Starter #84
Stressing over this headunit. Because it says anti-theft does that mean if I get another mkiii HU it鈥檚 going to need a code? I have my MKIV headunit and both cars have/had external amplifier under passenger seat, but the pinouts aren鈥檛 the same

I didn鈥檛 realize it at first but now I see one of my center console trims has been cut for an aftermarket radio

Scion headunit is still too wide after Dremeling everything I could away. Eclipse headunit is still stuck in Japanese

Meanwhile

Send help 馃槀

Registered
will ups deliver, or will it be a loop of tracking bullshit.... its a cliffhanger

what Im really most envious about in this thread is the fan setup by the car. I would fucking kill for just one day that required cooling in the shop (its been a looooooong winter in Wi).

Registered
Discussion Starter #86
will ups deliver, or will it be a loop of tracking bullshit.... its a cliffhanger

what Im really most envious about in this thread is the fan setup by the car. I would fucking kill for just one day that required cooling in the shop (its been a looooooong winter in Wi).
Hahaha I was sweating today futzing with these different headunits and testing pins with my multimeter. My shop is a wreck right now. The dewalt tripod light is the tits, highly recommend +++
Do I even really want/need a full set of seat covers... I might have a gambling problem 馃槀馃槀馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter #87
Should the front right driver鈥檚 side little black grille have a badge? There鈥檚 two holes there for a badge but I gots no badge there?
I鈥檓 starting to think this car has been resprayed, there鈥檚 little hints and overspray here and there.

Registered
The 2.5 TT emblems were OEM on the JZA70 Supras that the US didn't get, so therefor people think they're worth big money.

Stock Toyota emblem is black with the tops of the raised lettering chrome painted.

Registered
Discussion Starter #91
The 2.5 TT emblems were OEM on the JZA70 Supras that the US didn't get, so therefor people think they're worth big money.

Stock Toyota emblem is black with the tops of the raised lettering chrome painted.
Thanks I鈥檝e ordered one from an eBay store based here in Alabama, I鈥檝e sourced a few odds and ends from him already. In other news, we鈥檙e back in transit on some seat covers/ box of rocks:

Registered
box of rocks is too obvious. rolled up old carpet from the landfill is my bet

UPS was like wtf nobody ships dirty old carpet, so they intercept, quarantine and check it over

released and back on its way.....

Registered
Discussion Starter #94
Put the car back together mostly today to do some driving, found a new problem: What I believe to be warm antifreeze leaking on my foot under acceleration - video update, long video. I found a clamp loose on a coolant hose going into firewall top driver鈥檚 side I believe is culprit here. Heater core inlet maybe? I haven鈥檛 went to the manual yet to figure out what the hose that had the loose clamp....

walkaround video

Hardcore Night Warrior
LOL @ 90's "flexin".

I had the brake master cylinder go out and it got wet in the same spot where the feet go. It might be a slow leak, but I think it'll light up some lights, or a single light if the break master cylinder goes out. Check the fluid, it could be a slow one.

Registered
Discussion Starter #96 (Edited)
Update: Bring y鈥檃ll up to speed. Saturated leak was this, please feel free to tell me what the heck this, I assume heater core inlet or outlet:

for the record, I have nothing against factory clamps, but this one would either leak on the interior firewall or exterior firewall depending on how I reclamped it and where, I assume I did some while throwing elbows replacing the damn speedo and caused this. Anyways, I put a 鈥淩EAL CLAMP鈥 on it and the leaking stopped.

Fast forward next day, we drive to visit family, 40 mile round trip 55mph + with interstate. By the time I hit my destination I got minor smoke and I open the hood and my top radiator hose is hissing and popping and spitting, another clamping issue:

I used another 鈥淩EAL CLAMP鈥 and that seemed to fix that. I then proceeded to let the car idle in my hot garage for an hour in the hopes that the car would die or leak, it did neither, all fans work - no leaks.

I drove it a bit this weekend, low speed vibration like alignment or wheel balance that disappears over 70mph. Brake wobble, not sure if rotors or pads, pulling calipers soon.

Waiting on @Ira Gewant delivery joy joy joydown in my heart

Registered
1987 Toyota Supra
Keep an eye on your radiator overflow

Could be just a couple clamp issues, or could be pressurizing the cooling system.
Hopefully not the latter.
Just something to monitor close. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #98
Keep an eye on your radiator overflow

Could be just a couple clamp issues, or could be pressurizing the cooling system.
Hopefully not the latter.
Just something to monitor close. :)
Could you be more specific as to what could be (over) pressurizing the cooling system? I will watch my overflow and make sure it isn鈥檛 filling up magically without me adding fluid to it, thanks!

Also @Piratetip Jeff emailed me a new password and everything and it still didn鈥檛 work so 馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀 Thanks for that I鈥檒l deal with him on that.

Registered
1987 Toyota Supra
The usual suspect for coolant pressurizing.
The name that shall not be spoken! :) (BHG)
Hopefully not the case though.

Coolant overflow should not be rising if system is operating normally.

Weird on the password reset, something is up.

Registered
ok the first hose clamp, I can see that. but the 2nd.....

are these hoses ancient and feeling really brittle OR super soft and spongy ?

prolonged idle will not test the head gasket --more like the cooling system / fan clutch etc. glad she didn't melt down :)

but, a head gasket that is starting to leak will often put pressure in the cooling system under load--like wot/boost

the hose clamp issue is really screaming over pressurization ....unless the hoses are just shot bc the car sat a long time or had oil in its coolant at some point and degraded them.

where is brown ?????!!!!!

81 - 100 of 108 Posts